Diabetes Care Drugs Market – 2019-2025
- The market size, in 2017, for the global diabetes drugs market was registered to be USD 67.5 billion, and the market is expected to record a CAGR of 5.65% during the forecast period, 2019-2025.
- North America dominates the market, followed by Asia-Pacific.
- Diabetes or diabetes mellitus, describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate or one does not produce insulin (known as Type 1 diabetes), or because the body’s cells do not respond properly to insulin (known as Type 2 diabetes), or both.
- Approximately 10% of all diabetes cases are Type 1, and approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes worldwide are of Type 2.
Get Sample Report PDF >>
The following manufacturers are covered:
Bristol Myers Squibb
Johnson & Johnson
Scope of the Report
The global diabetes care drugs market is segmented by category (insulin, oral anti-diabetic drugs, non-insulin injectable drugs, and combination drugs), by segment (basal or long-acting, bolus or fast-acting, traditional human insulin drugs, insulin biosimilars, GLP-1 receptor agonists, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors, DPP-4 inhibitors, and SGLT-2 inhibitors) and by geography.
Market segment by Type, the product can be split into
Oral Anti-diabetic Drugs
Non-insulin Injectable Drugs
Market segment by Application, split into
Medical Research Institute
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
Key market segments and sub-segments
Evolving market trends and dynamics
Changing supply and demand scenarios
Quantifying market opportunities through market sizing and market forecasting
Tracking current trends/opportunities/challenges
Opportunity mapping in terms of technological breakthroughs
Browse Report »
Key Market Trends
Rising Prevalence of Diabetes
- As per a WHO report, the global prevalence of diabetes among adults of over 18 years had accelerated from about 4.7%, in 1980, to over 8.5%, in 2014.
- Diabetes prevalence has been rising rapidly in the middle- and low-income countries. In 2015, about 1.6 million deaths were directly associated with diabetes, which was around 2.2 million in 2012.
- Almost half of all deaths attributable to high blood glucose occur before the age of 70 years. WHO projects that diabetes is likely to be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
- Statistics prove that one in ten individuals in the world has diabetes and a rise in this trend is expected to take the situation to one in three by 2050 (according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention).
- The growing prevalence of diabetes is the major driver for the global diabetes care drugs market. Additionally, rising awareness regarding diabetes care, growing prevalence of obesity, and technological advancements are further driving the market.
The United States Leads the Diabetes Drugs Market in North America
- In 2017, the US diabetes drugs market held the largest market share in North America, due to the presence of a high-quality healthcare system and increasing prevalence of diabetes in the region.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China and India have been identified as potential emerging markets, due to the rising diabetic population in this region.
There have been constant innovations driven by manufacturers to compete and struggle in the market.
- Mega Blockbuster Lantus, manufactured by Sanofi, led the basal insulin field. Lantus generated global sales of more than USD 7 billion at its peak in 2014.
- In 2015 and 2016, Lantus global sales were down by 11%, due to competition from other new drugs, biosimilars, and its own brand Toujeo.
- September 2017: Insulin Tregopil, the first Oral Insulin, was under development by Biocon India, which is supported by JDRF.
- March 2017: Zynquista (Sotagliflozin) was the first oral anti-diabetic drug approved in the United States for use by adults with Type 1 diabetes.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis at country level
The report includes six parts, dealing with:
1.) basic information;
2.) the Asia Diabetes Care Drugs Speaker Market;
3.) the North American Diabetes Care Drugs Speaker Market;
4.) the European Diabetes Care Drugs Speaker Market;
5.) market entry and investment feasibility;
6.) the report conclusion.
Table of Content:
1 Study Coverage
2 Executive Summary
3 Breakdown Data by Manufacturers
4 Breakdown Data by Type
5 Breakdown Data by Application
11 Company Profiles
12 Future Forecast
13 Market Opportunities, Challenges, Risks and Influences Factors Analysis
14 Value Chain and Sales Channels Analysis
15 Research Findings and Conclusion
The key insights of The report Research:
1.The report Research provides key statistics on the market status of the Diabetes Care Drugs manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry.
2.The report Research provides a basic overview of the industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology.
3.The report Research presents the company profile, product specifications, capacity, production value, and 2019-2018 market shares for key vendors.
4.The total market is further divided by company, by country, and by application/type for the competitive landscape analysis.
5.The report Research estimates 2019-2025 market development trends of Diabetes Care Drugs industry.
6.Analysis of upstream raw materials, downstream demand, and current market dynamics is also carried out
7.The report Research makes some important proposals for a new project of Diabetes Care Drugs Industry before evaluating its feasibility.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
* Analyzing the outlook of the market with the recent trends and SWOT analysis
* Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
* Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
* Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
* Market value (USD Million) and volume (Units Million) data for each segment and sub-segment
* Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new projects and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
* Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
* 1-year analyst support, along with the data support in excel format.
“Wise Guy Reports Is Part Of The Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. And Offers Premium Progressive Statistical Surveying, Market Research Reports, Analysis & Forecast Data For Industries And Governments Around The Globe. Wise Guy Reports Features An Exhaustive List Of Market Research Reports From Hundreds Of Publishers Worldwide. We Boast A Database Spanning Virtually Every Market Category And An Even More Comprehensive Collection Of Market Research Reports Under These Categories And Sub-Categories”.
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)