Global Swab Market, by Test Type (Blood, Urine, Saliva, and Others), by Product Type (Alcohol Swab, Cotton Swab, Dry Swab, and Gauze Swab), by Shaft Type (Aluminum, Propylene, and Others), by End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Microbiology Laboratories, and Academia and Research Institutes), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 578.6 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.6 % over the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Increasing research and development by market players to augment the market growth
Key players in the market are focused on research and development in order to develop novel products to address the critical unmet needs of patients. For instance, in November 2018, Meridian Bioscience Inc. received approval from Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Alethia CMV Assay Test System, which is used in detection of cytomegalovirus in newborn babies under age of 21 days by using saliva swab.
Request PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2513
Moreover, increase in geriatric population is expected to rise incidences of chronic diseases, which in turn is expected to boost the market growth. For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in May 2016, around 19% of the population in the U.S. is projected to fall in the geriatric category by 2030. Moreover, in the U.S., around 40 million individuals age above 65 years are affected by cardio vascular diseases.
The government initiatives for free diagnostic test is expected to boost the market growth. For instance, in union budget 2014 -15, the Government of India announced free drug service and free diagnostic test initiative under the National Health Mission (NHM). In July 2015, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) formulated guidelines and shared it to states and union territories.
Browse 21 Market Data Tables and 25 Figures spread through 147 Pages and in-depth TOC on ‘Swab Market’- Global Forecast to 2026, by Test Type (Blood, Urine, Saliva, and Others), by Product Type (Alcohol Swab, Cotton Swab, Dry Swab, and Gauze Swab), by Shaft Type (Aluminum, Propylene, and Others), by End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Microbiology Laboratories, and Academia and Research Institutes), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the swab market Press Release, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Swab Market:
- The global swab market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period, owing to increasing incidence of surgical procedures, increasing prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, which increases demand for diagnostic test. As per the International Osteoporosis Foundation (CDC), fact sheet 2017, gonorrhea affects around 144.99 per 100,000 population and syphilis affects around 27.25 per 100,000 population in the U.S.
- Among test type, the blood test segment holds a dominant position in the swab market in 2018, as majority of diagnostic test are associated with blood test.
- Among shaft type, polypropylene segment holds a dominant position in the swab market in 2018, as polypropylene swab are cost effective than other and have less chances of cross contamination, as it is mostly for single use.
- Among end user, hospital segment hold a dominant position in the swab market in 2018, as majority of the surgical procedures are executed at hospitals.
- Key players operating in the swab market include, Puritan Medical Products, Copan Diagnostics, Inc., Sarstedt AG & Co. KG, FI Medical MWE, Cleancross Co., LTD., AdvaCare Systems, GPC Medical Ltd., Elmex Controls Pvt Ltd., and Citotest Labware Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Global Swab Market, By Test Type:
- Global Swab Market, By Product Type:
- Alcohol Swab
- Cotton Swab
- Dry Swab
- Gauze Swab
- Global Swab Market, By Shaft Type:
- Global Swab Market, By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Global Swab Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Puritan Medical Products *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Highlights
- Market Strategies
- Copan Diagnostics, Inc.
- Sarstedt AG & Co. KG
- FI Medical MWE
- Cleancross Co., LTD.
- AdvaCare Systems
- GPC Medical Ltd.
- Elmex Controls Pvt Ltd.
- Citotest Labware Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Puritan Medical Products *
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027