Global Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Therapy Type (Chemotherapy (Docetaxel, Irinotecan, Trifluridine and Tipiracil, Carboplatin and Paclitaxel, Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil, and Cisplatin with Capecitabine), Targeted Drug Therapy (Trastuzumab and Ramucirumab), and Immunotherapy (Pembrolizumab)), By Disease Indication (Adenocarcinomas, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoid Tumors, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, and Online Pharmacy), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa), was valued at US$ 765.2 million in 2018 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.2% over the forecast period (2019 – 2027), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Increasing cancer research, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approvals-based drug discovery, and rising number of development programs and pipeline drugs among others are the major factors that are expected to drive growth of the esophageal cancer drugs market.
Request Free PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/3036
Various pharmaceutical companies are focused on research and development of novel drug therapies for the treatment of esophageal cancer drugs. For instance, in November 2018, Merck & Co., Inc. revealed the results of phase 3 clinical trial of Keytruda (pembrolizumab), which indicates Keytruda reduced the risk of death compared to chemotherapy in patients with squamous cell carcinoma or adenocarcinoma. The overall survival rate of patients who consumed pembrolizumab was 43% whereas patients who consumed chemotherapy drugs such as paclitaxel, docetaxel or irinotecan experienced 20% survival rate.
Manufacturers in the esophageal cancer drugs market are focusing on increasing product portfolio by receiving Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approvals to further boost the esophageal cancer drug market size. In April 2014, FDA approved Cyramza (ramucirumab) for use in combination with paclitaxel for the treatment of patients with advanced gastric or gastro-esophageal junction adenocarcinoma.
Many companies such as Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co., Bristol-Meyer Squibb, and Eli Lilly & Company are focused on drugs that are under development in the pipeline such as Ipilimumab and Nivolumab and are expected to be launched in the near future. For instance, in 2018, Bristol-Meyer Squibb’s Opdivo (Nivolumab) intravenous infusion injection and Yervoy Injection was in the developmental pipeline. It is in phase III for treatment of stomach cancer and is expected to launch in the U.S., Europe, South Korea, and Taiwan in the near future.
Browse 38 Market Data Tables and 27 Figures spread through 166 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Therapy Type (Chemotherapy (Docetaxel, Irinotecan, Trifluridine and Tipiracil, Carboplatin and Paclitaxel, Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil, and Cisplatin with Capecitabine), Targeted Drug Therapy (Trastuzumab and Ramucirumab), and Immunotherapy (Pembrolizumab)), By Disease Indication (Adenocarcinomas, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoid Tumors, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, and Online Pharmacy), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2027”
To know the latest trends and insights related to Esophageal Cancer Drugs market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market:
- The global esophageal cancer drugs market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period (2019–2027), owing to increasing research & development and demand for genomic and repertoire sequencing-based research
- Among therapy type, the immunotherapy segment is expected to account for maximum share over the forecast period. For instance, in 2017, pembrolizumab (Keytruda) was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat gastroesophageal cancer in some patients whose previous treatment did not work or stopped working, and it was proved to be better than chemotherapy.
- Major players operating in the global esophageal cancer drugs market include Amgen Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson, Gilead Sciences, Genentech, Inc., Sanofi-Aventis, and Merck & Co.
- Global Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Therapy Type:
- Trifluridine and Tipiracil
- Carboplatin and Paclitaxel
- Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil
- Cisplatin with Capecitabine
- Targeted Drug Therapy
- Global Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Disease Indication:
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
- Carcinoid Tumors
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Global Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Global Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Amgen Inc.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Novartis AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- Gilead Sciences
- Genentech Inc.
- Merck & Co.
- Amgen Inc.*
Purchase a copy of Esophageal Cancer Drugs Market Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/3036
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027