Global PTA Balloon Catheter Market, by Material Type (Polyurethane, Nylon, and Others), by Application (Coronary Artery Disease and Peripheral Vascular Disease), by End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa), was valued at US$ 1,127.7 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period (2019 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Increasing prevalence of urological and cardiovascular diseases is expected to augment the PTA balloon catheter market growth
Increasing number of cardiovascular diseases and urological diseases fuels the global PTA balloon catheter market growth. Increase in number of regulatory approvals, product launches and mergers and acquisitions are expected to augment the growth in the global PTA balloon catheter market. For instance, in November 2015, SurModics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRDX), a leading provider of medical device and in vitrodiagnostic technologies, today announced it has acquired Creagh Medical Ltd., an innovative developer and manufacturer of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon catheters. The acquisition is a major step forward in SurModics’ strategy to transform its Medical Device business from being a provider of coating technologies, to offering whole-product solutions to medical device customers in the large and growing global interventional vascular market.
Request PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2815
Increasing number of product launches and approvals is also expected to fuel the global PTA balloon catheter market growth. For instance, in December 2016, BrosMed announced the U.S FDA 510(k) clearance and launch of its Hermes NC 0.035 OTW PTA, Achilles NC 0.018 OTW PTA, and Castor NC 0.014 OTW PTA balloon dilatation catheter for the treatment of patients with peripheral arterial diseases. Furthermore, in April 2019, Becton, Dickinson and Company announced the launch of UltraScore 014 focused force percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon. The UltraScore balloon is intended to dilate stenoses in the iliac, femoral, ilio-femoral, popliteal, infra-popliteal and renal arteries and for the treatment of obstructive lesions of native or synthetic arteriovenous dialysis fistulae.
The FDA has identified some class 1 recalls which are most serious types of recalls. By using these devices may cause the serious injuries or death. For instance, on May 2019, Cook Medical recalled the Advance Enforcer 35 Focal Force PTA balloon catheter due to the balloon bursting below the rated burst pressure.
High potency PTA balloon catheter are considered as a growth opportunity for manufacturers and Increasing demand for angioplasty surgery is expected to propel the PTA balloon catheter market growth. Moreover, in December 2017, iVascular announced the release of new Oceanus 14 Pro PTA balloon catheter, which received CE mark approval to dilate stenoses in femoral, popliteal, and infrapopliteal arteries, and for the treatment of obstructive lesions in arteriovenous dialysis fistulae.
Browse 32 Market Data Tables and 20 Figures spread through 178 Pages and in-depth TOC on “PTA Balloon Catheter Market”- Global Forecast to 2026, by Material Type (Polyurethane, Nylon, and Others), by Application (Coronary Artery Disease and Peripheral Vascular Disease), by End User (Hospitals or Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the PTA balloon catheter market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the PTA balloon catheter Market:
- The global PTA balloon catheter market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for high potency PTA balloon catheters, rising demand for offering PTA balloon catheter manufacturing, and increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disease.
- Among application, peripheral vascular disease segment held dominant position in the PTA balloon catheter market in 2018, owing to broad range of peripheral vascular applications. For instance, in May 2018, Surmodics Inc., a provider of medical device and in-vitrodiagnostic technologies, received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for its .018-inch Low-Profile percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon dilation catheter, designed and indicated for a broad range of peripheral vascular applications.
- Major players operating in the global PTA balloon catheter market include, Medtronic, Terumo, Cardinal Health, Boston Scientific, AndraTec, Cook Medical, Biotronik, Abbott, Creagh Medical, TriReme Medical, and Natec Medical.
- Global PTA balloon catheter Market, By Material Type:
- Global PTA balloon catheter Market, By Application:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Global PTA balloon catheter Market, By End User:
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Global PTA balloon catheter Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027