Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Drug Type (Clomiphene citrate, Sex hormones, Gonadotropins, Bromocriptine, Cabergoline, Imipramine, Letrozole, and Metformin), By Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular), By Gender (Male and Female), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Online Pharmacies), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 3.8 billion in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period (2019 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
The infertility drugs market size is expanding, owing to increasing research studies for development of breakthrough drugs for the treatment of infertility. According to a research conducted in Princeton University in 2018, researchers have identified a key protein in old, poor-quality Caenorhabditis elegans (microscopic worm) eggs, which controls the aging of gametes. Researchers successfully blocked this protein during the fertile period of the worm (equivalent to woman’s fertility in thirties), and extended egg viability beyond the normal span. If these protein could be removed from human genes, that could represent a 3 to 6 year extension of female fertility.
Increasing awareness about reproductive health in the population is also highly contributing to the infertility drugs market growth. For instance, RESOLVE – The National Infertility Association organizes National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) every year in the last week of April since 2010. The goal of the week is to raise awareness about infertility in maximum population, to encourage advocacy for insurance in infertility drugs, and help couples with infertility cope with their disease.
Furthermore, various organizations are focused on launching new programs to help infertile couples. For instance, in 2014, EMD Serono a subsidiary of Merck KGaA, Germany launched its Compassionate Corps Program, a patient assistance program to provide fertility medications for eligible U.S. veterans who were infertile due to a service-related injury. The company provides selected IVF stimulation medications at no charge for up to two IVF cycles per year. Moreover, Merck KGaA partnered with Genea Biomedx in May 2015, securing global rights to Genea’s portfolio of fertility products.
Browse 17 Market Data Tables and 12 Figures spread through 145 Pages and in-depth TOC on ” Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Drug Type (Clomiphene citrate, Sex hormones, Gonadotropins, Bromocriptine, Cabergoline, Imipramine, Letrozole, and Metformin), By Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular), By Gender (Male and Female), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Online Pharmacies) and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2026″
Request PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2665
Key Takeaways of the Infertility Drugs Market:
- The global infertility drugs market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period (2019–2026), owing to increasing research & development and new infertility drug launches by companies.
- Among the drug type, the Clomiphene citrate segment is expected to hold major revenue share in 2026, as it is the most effective drug to treat infertility. According to a study published in National Centre for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2012, a comparative study on effectiveness of clomiphene citrate and tamoxifen in ovulation induction in infertile women showed that women treated with Clomiphene citrate showed 64% increase in pregnancy rate than the women treated with tamoxifen, which showed only 40% increase in pregnancy rate.
- Major players operating in the global infertility drugs market include Merck & Co., Ferring Pharmaceuticals, LIVZON Pharmaceutical Group Inc., AbbottLaboratories, Bayer AG, and Zydus Pharmaceuticals.
- Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Drug Type:
- Clomiphene citrate
- Sex hormones
- Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Route of Administration:
- Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Gender:
- Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Infertility Drugs Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Merck & Co.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- LIVZON Pharmaceutical Group Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- Merck & Co.*
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027