The Global Ciclesonide Market, by Indication (Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis), by Dosage Form (Aerosol and Nasal Spray), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 565.4 million in 2018, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 1.9% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) such as ciclesonide are at the cornerstone of treatment in asthma and in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The majority of the asthma patients, are treated with a combination of ICS and short- or long- acting bronchodilators. High efficiency of inhaled corticosteroids in treating asthma and COPD incidences is supporting adoption of ciclesonide in the future.
For instance, according to the study findings published in the BMJ Journal, in November 2018, use of triple therapy consisting of a long acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA), long acting β agonist (LABA), and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS); resulted in lower rate of moderate or severe exacerbations of COPD, better lung function, and better health related quality of life than dual therapy or monotherapy in patients with advanced COPD.
Launches and approvals of new ciclesonide products in key regions is expected to create a conducive environment for growth of the ciclesonide market over the forecast period.
For instance, in 2012, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for its Zetonna (ciclesonide) nasal aerosol for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and launched it in the U.S. market. In 2012, Nycomed, a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd., launched Omnaris (ciclesonide) nasal spray, indicated for the treatment of adults and adolescents over the age of 12 with allergic rhinitis in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Key players in the market are involved in strategic mergers and acquisition strategies to enter the lucrative market of ciclesonide and to widen its portfolio with various ciclesonide products. Such strategic mergers and acquisitions are expected to support growth of ciclesonide market over the forecast period.
Browse 26 Market Data Tables and 24 Figures spread through 126 Pages and in-depth TOC on ‘Ciclesonide Market, by Indication (Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis), by Dosage Form (Aerosol and Nasal Spray), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2026’
Request Sample Report Ciclesonide Market @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/2291
For instance, in 2015, a U.K. based AstraZeneca Plc. acquired Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.’s lung business and widen its offerings with Alvesco, Omnaris ciclesonide. In 2017, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Sunovion) divested its U.S. market rights of Sunovion’s ciclesonide products: ALVESCO (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol, OMNARIS (ciclesonide) Nasal Spray, and ZETONNA (ciclesonide) Nasal Aerosol to Covis Pharma B.V. (Covis Pharma).
Key Takeaways of the Ciclesonide Market:
- The global ciclesonide market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 1.9% over the forecast period, owing to increasing engagement of key players to gain higher market share by employing organic and in-organic strategies such as new product launch and acquisition and divestment.
- Among indication, allergic rhinitis segment accounted for major market share in 2017. According to the data published by Allergy UK, allergic rhinitis is a very common non-infectious rhinitis and in the U.K. it affects 10% and 30% of all adults and as many as 40% of children in 2013. As per the same source, around 57% of adult patients and up to 88% of children with allergy rhinitis have sleep problems, including micro-arousals. Such high prevalence of allergic rhinitis is expected to drastically increase demand for ciclesonide, which is widely used in the treatment of allergy rhinitis.
- Among dosage form, aerosol segment accounted for highest revenue in 2017, in the market, owing to easy and direct inhalation of ciclesonide through aerosol, allowing to deliver appropriate quantity medication to the patient. Furthermore, aerosol therapies present in the market are widely used for treatment of breathing conditions, including asthma in adult and adolescent patients aged 12 years and above and symptoms associated with perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR) and seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR) in adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older.
- Some of the major players operating in the global ciclesonide market include AstraZeneca Plc, Cipla Limited, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Apotex Inc.
- Global Ciclesonide Market, By Indication:
- Allergy Rhinitis
- Global Ciclesonide Market, By Dosage Form:
- Nasal Spray
- Global Ciclesonide Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- AstraZeneca Plc*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Developments
- Cipla Limited
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Apotex Inc.
- AstraZeneca Plc*
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027