Global Ticagrelor Market, by Strength (60 mg and 90 mg), by Indication (Acute Coronary Syndrome and Ischemic Stroke), by Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies), was valued at US$ 1,145.0 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026) as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Ticagrelor is an antiplatelet drug, used as an agent to reduce stent thrombosis. The major factors influencing growth of the ticagrelor market include high number of patients suffering from heart problems, increasing development of generic drug versions, and improvement in market scenarios. This is attributed to increasing funding for research and development by key players in the market.
Increasing incidence of heart diseases is expected to increase the number of ticagrelor users in the global market, which in turn will propel growth of the ticagrelor market during the forecast period. For instance, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2015, about 610,000 people die of heart disease in the U.S. every year and cardiovascular diseases is the major cause of deaths, globally.
Manufacturers are engaged in intensifying their services by increasing research and development activities for new drug approvals. For instance, in March 2015, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved Brilinta tablet (ticagrelor) for acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients who are unable to swallow Brilinta 90 mg tablets as a whole. With this approval, Brilinta was used by crushing tablet and administered in water by swallowing or via nasogastric tube.
Furthermore, in September 2015, USFDA approved Brilinta (ticagrelor) tablets manufactured by AstraZeneca plc, 60mg dose to be used in patients with a history of heart attack. With this expanded indication, Brilinta was approved to reduce the rate of cardiovascular deaths and myocardial infarction.
Browse 23 Market Data Tables and 19 Figures spread through 157 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Ticagrelor Market, by Strength (60 mg, and 90 mg), by Indication (Acute Coronary Syndrome, and Ischemic Stroke), by Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) – Global Forecast to 2026”
Download PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2515
Moreover, increasing generic drugs approvals is expected to propel growth of the ticagrelor market. For instance, in July 2018, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, received tentative approval from the US FDA for ticagrelor tablets in 90 mg strength, to reduce the rate of cardiovascular deaths and strokes in patients with acute coronary syndrome or a history of myocardial infarction.
Key Takeaways of the Ticagrelor Market:
- The global ticagrelor market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to mergers and acquisitions between key players
- Based on the drug strength, 90 mg strength is expected to dominate in the global market, owing to new marketing strategies of key players. For instance, in June 2015, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and AstraZeneca Pharma India entered into a distribution services agreement in India for AstraZeneca’s brand Axcer, a new brand of ticagrelor with 90 mg strength, used for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome (ACS). Such organic growth strategies will aid in promoting growth of the ticagrelor market during the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global ticagrelor market include C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca plc, Natco Pharma Limited, Anhui Haikang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Avra Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Global Ticagrelor Market, By Strength:
- 60 mg
- 90 mg
- Global Ticagrelor Market, By Indication:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Ischemic Stroke
- Global Ticagrelor Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Ticagrelor Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- AstraZeneca plc
- Natco Pharma Limited
- ANHUI HAIKANG PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
- Avra Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG *
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027