Many couples around the world struggle with infertility, but still they still want to create a complete and happy family. One of the most popular practices for infertile people is surrogate motherhood. In the recent years, Ukraine has become a number one destination for getting infertility treatment and finding surrogate mothers. There are many international IVF clinics in the country.
Why should I choose Ukraine for surrogate services?
In the previous years, certain Asian countries have been the most wanted destinations for getting a surrogate. However, after surrogacy was banned there, many families started choosing Ukraine:
- In Ukraine surrogacy is legal and strictly regulated;
- The price is much more affordable, than in other countries. For example surrogacy services in the US cost twice as much;
- There are a lot of high-quality reproductive clinics with the best equipment and professionals recognized worldwide;
- There is a variety of surrogacy programs, such as standard IVF, surrogacy with Frozen Embryo Transfer, surrogacy with Oocyte Donation, etc.
Surrogacy with Frozen Embryo Transfer
FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) is a type of IVF (in vitro fertilization) which involves the use of cryopreserved embryo. The embryo can be from a donor, a surrogate mother, or from a future mother herself. The process is pretty much the same as a normal IVF, but includes freezing extra embryos. Eggs are fertilized with sperm in a laboratory, the fresh one is transferred to the uterus of the surrogate mother, and the extra ones undergo vitrification (freezing). People choose FET for a number of reasons:
- In case fresh IVF fails, you still have cryopreserved embryos for new attempts;
- It is advised to transfer one or two embryos at a time, to minimize the possibility of triplets or quadruplets. In this case you should have backup if firs attempt of IVF fails;
- In case fresh IVF is cancelled, all embryos are cryopreserved. This might happen due to unexpected complication or illnesses, for example if a woman gets the flu.
Surrogate embryo transfer procedure is a very common IVF process. Frozen Embryo Transfer is an effective procedure in the majority of cases and is performed in many clinics across Ukraine.