Drug of Abuse Testing Market Reach Healthy CAGR by Growing Demand of Analyzers by Product-Services, Testing Type, Growth, Trends and Forecast
Drug of Abuse Testing Market Overview:
Drug of abuse testing is based on diagnosing drug addiction, also called substance use disorder, requiring a thorough evaluation and often includes an assessment by a psychiatrist, a psychologist, or a licensed alcohol and drug counselor. Blood, urine or other lab tests are used to assess drug use, but they’re not a diagnostic test for addiction. These tests may be used for monitoring treatment.
Globally the market for drug of abuse testing is expected to Grow at 5.3% GAGR from 2016 to 2020.
Get Free Sample Copy at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1930
Latest Industry News
- To protect privacy, Oak Creek-Franklin School District is going to start a new random drug-testing program 2019-20 school year, in which oral swabs, not urine cups, will be used to test student-athletes and other school-activity participants. 28 NOV 2018
- Despite the absence of any law requiring mandatory drug testing for elementary and high school students, a Filipino leader Sen. Nancy Binay is mulling the idea to establish a comprehensive program for the prevention and treatment of tobacco, alcohol and drug dependents in all high schools, colleges, and universities. 3 NOV 2018
The factor which may influence the growth of the drug of abuse testing market is increased use of drug testing at organizational level, increased production and trade of illicit drugs worldwide and others.
Key Players for Drug of Abuse Testing Market:
Some of the key players in this market are:
- Roche Holding Limited
- Quest Diagnostics
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Alere Inc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Randox Laboratories Ltd
- Psychemedics Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc
- Sonic Healthcare and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Drug of Abuse Testing Market Segmentation:
Global drug of abuse testing market is mainly segmented into test type and samples.
On the test type is segmented into onsite screening test and laboratory drug testing.
On the bases of samples, the market is segmented into urine, hair, saliva and others.
Get Exclusive Discount on this Report at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/1930
Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market – Regional Analysis
In North America, the usage of cocaine has been declining since 2006, partly due to a sustained shortage. However, more recently, a slight increase in prevalence of cocaine has been observed in the U.S., as there has been an increase in maritime seizures. To check all Detailed Research on Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market Click Here
In Europe, cannabis is by far the most commonly consumed illicit substance, with an estimated 24 million users (4.3% of those aged 15 years to 64 years), followed by cocaine with 3.7 million users in 2013.In Europe, the market has changed over the past decade, with cannabis herb produced locally or regionally now gaining ground over cannabis resin, largely sourced from Morocco, which previously was the dominant cannabis substance in Europe.
It appears that the flow of heroin along the long-established Balkan route, from Afghanistan to Western and Central Europe via Iran and Turkey, has declined in recent years. Some of the factors contributing to the decline in seizures along this route include the success of law enforcement authorities in key transit countries and a decline in demand in the destination market.
By far the highest prevalence of injecting drug use, with a rate 4.6 times the global average, is found in Eastern/South-Eastern Europe, where 1.3% of the population aged 15-64 are estimated to have recently injected drugs. Although the general public may perceive cannabis to be the least harmful illicit drug, between 2003 and 2012 the proportion of total treatment admissions for cannabis increased in Western and Central Europe, from 19% to 25%.
In Asia, it is estimated that cannabis is the most common illicit substance, with an annual prevalence of use of 1.9%, followed by ATS (excluding ecstasy) at 0.7%, ecstasy at 0.4%, opiates at 0.4% and cocaine at 0.1%, among those aged 15-64 years. The use of methamphetamine continues to rise in most of the countries in East and South-East Asia, with accompanying seizures of methamphetamine in pill and crystalline forms reaching record levels in 2012. It has been indicated that in East and South-East Asia, the use of ATS has both increased and diversified. ATS has been ranked among the three predominately used drug types in countries in the sub-region since 2009.
We Also offer Customization on Reports based on Specific Requirement: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/enquiry/1930
- The global drug of abuse testing market is expected to reach $3.0 billion in 2020, mainly driven by increased use of illicit drugs and need of drug abuse testing at organizational level.
- Onsite testing market is more than double the size of laboratory testing due to ease of use, cost effectiveness and immediate results.
- Urine followed by saliva is the most common specimen used in the drug of abuse testing. Hair as a specimen is also becoming a more effective way for testing long term drug use.
- North America was the largest market by geography for drug abuse testing in 2014, with 76.4% share of the total market
About Market Research Future: we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services. In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Market Research Future
+1 646 845 9312