A new market study, titled “Bioremediation: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023” has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
Bioremediation is a method that uses naturally occurring microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and yeast to degrade or break down hazardous substances into non-toxic or less-toxic substances. Microorganisms eat and digest organic substances for energy and nutrients. There are certain microorganisms that can dissolve organic substances such as solvents or fuels that are hazardous to the environment. These microorganisms degrade the organic contaminants into less-toxic products, mainly water and carbon dioxide. The microorganisms must be healthy and active for this to occur.
Bioremediation technology helps microorganisms grow and boosts microbial population by generating optimum environmental conditions. The particular bioremediation technology utilized is determined by various factors, including the site conditions, the presence of type of microorganisms, and the toxicity and quantity of contaminant chemicals.
Bioremediation takes place under anaerobic and aerobic conditions. In the case of aerobic conditions, microorganisms utilize the amount of oxygen present in atmosphere to function. With a sufficient amount of oxygen, microorganisms transform organic contaminants into water and carbon dioxide. Anaerobic conditions help biological activity in which oxygen is not present so that the microorganisms degrade chemical compounds present in the soil to release the required amount of energy.
Bioremediation technology is used to clean up contaminated water and soil. There are two main types of bioremediation: in situ and ex situ. The in situ bioremediation process treats the contaminated groundwater or soil in the location where it is found. The ex situ process requires the pumping of groundwater or the excavation of contaminated soil before it can be treated.
In the report, the in situ bioremediation type is segmented as phytoremediation, bioventing, bioleaching, bioslurping, biostimulation and bioaugmentation. The ex situ bioremediation type is segmented as composting, controlled solid-phase treatment and slurry-phase biological treatment. Biodegradation is a cost-effective natural process that is useful for the treatment of organic wastes. The extent of biodegradation is greatly dependent upon the initial concentrations and toxicity of the contaminants, the properties of the contaminated soil, their biodegradability and the specific treatmentsystem selected. In biodegradation treatment, the targeted contaminants are semi-volatile and nonhalogenated volatile organics and fuels. The benefits of bioremediation, however, are limited to sites with highly chlorinated organics and high concentrations of metals, as they may be harmful to the microorganisms.
The application of bioremediation technology in the water bodies sector held the largest market share in 2017, and it is expected to remain the market leader throughout the forecast period. The water bodies segment was valued at REDACTED in 2017, and it is expected to reach REDACTED by 2023, growing at a CAGR of REDACTED. Ever-increasing use of bioremediation techniques for treating sewage, lakes, rivers andstreams, ponds and aqua culture is anticipated to create huge growth opportunities for the market inthe coming years. In recent years, however, the rise in the agriculture industries has augmented the growth of hazardous pollutants in the environment, and thus the application of bioremediation methods in the agricultural sector is expected to be the fastest-growing segment.
The bioremediation market is segmented into three categories –
– By type: In situ and ex situ bioremediation.
– By application: Water bodies, mining, oil and gas, agriculture, automotive and other industries.
– By region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into the U.K., Germany, France, Russia and Rest of Europe; the Asia-Pacific region is segmented into Japan, India, China and Rest of Asia-Pacific; and the Rest of the World (ROW) covers Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars unadjusted for inflation.
This report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the bioremediation market.
– 55 data tables and 42 additional tables
– Industry analysis of the global bioremediation market
– Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
– An assessment of opportunities and innovation-driven bioremediation market highlights, as well as the major regions and countries involved in such developments
– Examination of key trends related to the types of bioremediation and applications that shape and influence the bioremediation industry
– Coverage of significant bioremediation patents and their allotments in each category across the U.S., Japan and European region
– Information about increasing awareness related to environmental safety and global warming as a driving force to bioremediation industry
– Competitive landscape for key players in the bioremediation market, their growth strategies and revenue details
– Detailed company profiles of major leaders, including BioRemedy Pty. Ltd., DryLet LLC, Envirogen Technologies Inc., Bioremediation Consulting Inc., and MicroGen Biotech Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Type
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 7 Competitive Analysis
Chapter 8 Patent Review and New Developments
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)