Aptar Pharma, a company based outside of Chicago, is releasing a new portable and easy to use inhaler for upper respiratory conditions. The PureHale device comes ready to use, and the tank can take saline or other solutions designed to clean, soothe, and moisturize the upper respiratory tract. The inhaler creates an even and mist from the fluid in the tank, helping patients to inhale the medication.
There are no batteries or medication tanks to change, since the device uses a mix of compressed air and pure nitrogen to power the drug delivery. It really comes ready to go and it’s disposed of once empty.
“PureHale enables pharmaceutical partners to expand their audience reach for their brand formulations, providing portable, symptomatic relief for upper respiratory system conditions,” in a statement said Thomas Klofac, President of Aptar Pharma’s Consumer Healthcare Division.
Some features and benefits of the new device, according to the product page:
- Delivers a continuous, gentle mist with fine particles (20 – 30µm) optimized for targeted upper airway deposition
- Moisturizes, soothes and refreshes the upper airway, reducing irritation
- Mist can be delivered via the mouth or mouth/nasal passages thanks to PureHale’s mouthpiece and mask options
- Prefilled, portable and ready-to-use system
- Intuitive and easy-to-use
- Non-electronic, purely mechanical system for on-the-go therapy
- Face mask and mouthpiece options for convenient usage and adaptability
- Utilizes Aptar Pharma’s well-established Bag-on-Valve filling processes. With minimal parameter changes, already existing lines can be easily adapted for PureHale filling
Product page: PureHale…
Via: Aptar Pharma…