A new market study, titled “Dengue Treatment Market: Global Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2012 to 2016 and Forecast 2017 to 2023”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
Market Introduction: Dengue Treatment Market
Dengue fever is also known as break bone fever is mosquito born and endemic disease that leads to severe flu like illness. Dengue caused by RNA virus dengue belongs to the family Flaviviridae. Dengue is spread by several species of mosquitos of the Aedes type, principally A. aegypti. Symptoms of dengue include fever, headache vomiting, muscle and joint pains, and characteristic skin rash. On infection of dengue, patient will automatically recover within seven days. But in some cases, it may develop to life threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever. The virus has five different types of strains, infection with one strain usually gives lifelong immunity to that type. Subsequent infection with a different type of dengue virus increases the risk of severe complications.
Market Dynamics: Dengue Treatment Market
Global dengue treatment market anticipated surging its growth owing to rise in dengue burden in tropical and sub-tropical regions, increased government funding to fight against dengue, and unmet market needs of managing dengue burden around the world. In addition, market players keen interest in uplift the market by partnerships, promising dengue pipelines and rise in medical insurance in developing countries is anticipated to drive the market furthermore. However, lack or insufficient healthcare infrastructure in underdeveloped and developing regions leading to serious medical conditions going unnoticed. Furthermore, lack of awareness related to symptoms and the high-cost of treatment are hindering the dengue-treatment market.
Market Segmentation: Dengue Treatment Market
Dengue Treatment Market has been segmented on the basis of drug class and distribution channel
Based on drug class, dengue Treatment market is segmented into
Based on distribution channel, dengue Treatment market is segmented into
Market overview: Dengue Treatment Market
Dengue Treatment market is expected to grow at a significant rate during forecast period. According to World Health Organization (WHO) estimates, 50 to 100 Mn infections occur annually, including 500,000 DHF cases and 22,000 deaths, mostly among children. Dengue treatment market is at developing stage. Market players collaborating to other companies or research institutions for the development of drugs for treating the dengue. For instance, in August 2013, Johnson and Johnson Services Inc. collaborated with biotechnology nonprofit organization The Wellcome Trust, for the development of prevention and treatment therapies for dengue fever.
Regional Overview: Dengue Treatment Market
Geographically Dengue Treatment Market has been segmented into following regions Viz. North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East &Africa. Latin America market expected to grow owing to increased dengue cases. According to WHO, in 2010, 1.6 million cases of dengue were reported in the Americas alone. In Asia-Pacific region, dengue treatment market expected to grow at a high rate due to increase in dengue coupled with an increase in government funding for dengue prevention and treatment. Market players in Asia are actively participating in development of dengue treating drugs to increase their market share. For instance, in May 2016, Sun Pharma collaborated with International Centre of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) to develop drug for treatment of dengue. South East Asia and Western Pacific regions are more seriously affected by dengue. Hence, companies are planning to launch their vaccines in South East Asia regions.
Market Participants: Dengue Treatment Market
Some of the market players in Dengue treatment market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (India), Abbivax (France), Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd (Japan), Merck & Co Inc. (U.S.), and VABIOTECH (Vietnam) to name a few.
Key Market Developments: Dengue Treatment Market
In September 2017, Abbivax and Evotec AG entered into strategic partnership to develop novel antiviral agents including dengue virus, influenza and others.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Global Dengue Treatment Market Introduction
- Global Dengue Treatment Market Dynamics
- Global Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023
- Global Dengue Treatment Market, By Drug Class, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Global Dengue Treatment Market, By Route of Administration, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Global Dengue Treatment Market, By Distribution Channel, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Global Dengue Treatment Market Forecast, By Region, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- North America Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Europe Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Asia-Pacific Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Latin America Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2012 – 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Middle East and Africa Dengue Treatment Market Analysis, 2012 – 2016 and Forecast, 2017 – 2023 (Revenue, USD Mn)
- Competition Landscape
- Research Methodology
- Key Assumptions and Acronyms
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)