A new market study, titled “Current Research & Developments Status of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
CAR T-Cell Design and Evolution
Chimeric antigen receptors (CARs, also known as chimeric immunoreceptors, chimeric T-cell receptors, artificial T-cell receptors or CAR-T) are engineered receptors that graft an arbitrary specificity onto an immune effector cell (T-cell). Typically, these receptors are used to graft the specificity of a monoclonal antibody onto a T-cell, with transfer of their coding sequence facilitated by retroviral vectors. The receptors are called chimeric because they are composed of parts from different sources.
FDA Product Approvals
There are two chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapies currently approved by the U.S. FDA.
- On Aug. 30, 2017, Novartis announced that the U.S. FDA had approved Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel) suspension for intravenous infusion, formerly CTL019, the first chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy, for the treatment of patients up to 25 years of age with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) that is refractory or in second or later relapse.
- On Oct. 18, 2017, the U.S. FDA approved Yescarta (axicabtagene ciloleucel) (Kite Pharma Inc.), a cell-based gene therapy, for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory large Bcell lymphoma after two or more lines of systemic therapy, including diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) not otherwise specified, primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma, highgrade B-cell lymphoma and DLBCL arising from follicular lymphoma. Yescarta is not indicated for
the treatment of patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma. It is a CD19-directed genetically modified autologous T-cell immunotherapy.
Request Sample Report at https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/3323089-current-research-developments-status-of-chimeric-antigen-receptor
It has been estimated that the global market for CAR T-cell therapies, as defined in the report’s market segmentation, was valued at $467.0 million in 2018. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is predicted that the global market will have increased in value to $2.9 billion, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 44.1%.
Analysis of the global CAR T-cell therapy market shows that North America is by far the largest geographic region in terms of revenue in global share. The European market is the second largest regional market and Asia-Pacific has a very small share of the global market in 2018.
The key objectives of this study are to:
– Review the historical development of CAR T-cell technology.
– Discuss the principles of chimeric antigen receptor design.
– Understand the mechanisms of action associated with CAR T-cell immunotherapy.
– Highlight the ongoing clinical and non-clinical advancements in the field of CAR T-cell therapy.
– Access the side effects, disadvantages and limitations of existing CAR T-cell technologies.
– Examine the current marketed drugs, including development activities and details of patent expirations.
– Determine the production methods for CAR T-cells.
– Review the range of joint ventures, collaborations, license and research agreements currently focused on CAR T-cell technology.
– Review of the regulatory requirements.
– Review the global CAR T-cell therapy market dynamics.
– Survey the key players involved in the development of therapeutics for CAR T-cell immunotherapy and provide company profiles.
By purchasing this study, the reader will gain:
– An improved understanding of the current state and future of this exciting, new and innovative technology.
– The latest information on the leading companies engaged in developing this technology, clinical trials being conducted, a review of the status of their intellectual property, product pipelines and insight into their proprietary technologies.
– The role and influence of individual countries relating to the development of CAR T-cell therapy and the number of CAR T-cell trials in the U.S. versus China and other countries.
– Knowledge of the market potential for the CAR T-cell therapy market and anticipated development of the market.
– The analysis includes the use of charts and graphs measuring product growth and trends within the marketplace. In addition, an analysis of the incidence and mortality associated with cancers and the target market helps provide the reader with a deeper understanding of the possibilities for future treatment and avenues for possible R&D budgets. Company-specific information, including sales figures, product pipeline status and R&D trends, is provided throughout the report.
– 31 data tables and 41 additional tables
– An overview of global market for current research & developments status of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy
– Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
– Understand market dynamics of CAR T-Cell therapy, along with the growth driving factors, restraints and future scope
– Information on competitor initiatives, research and development status of CAR T-cell therapy
– Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market including, Amgen, Avacta Life Sciences Ltd., Bluebird Bio Inc., Novartis Ag, Servier Laboratories, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Transgene SA
View Detailed Report at https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/3323089-current-research-developments-status-of-chimeric-antigen-receptor
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Introduction to Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy
Chapter 4 Current Production Methods, Latest Technological Advances and Future Direction
Chapter 5 Clinical Trial Analysis of CAR T-Cells and Related Technologies
Chapter 6 Incidence, Prevalence and Mortality Statistics for Cancer: A Global Summary
Chapter 7 Global CAR T-Cell Market Analysis
Chapter 8 Regulatory and Legislative Requirements for CAR T-Cell and Related Technologies
Chapter 9 Patent Review/New Developments for Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs)
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)