A new market study, titled “Therapies for Resistant and Recurrent Metastatic Cancer”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
The purpose of this chapter is to summarize the key features of resistant and recurrent metastatic cancer, its mechanisms of resistance and recurrence, and the current treatment options and strategies by tumor origin.
According to the latest estimates from the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), there were 14.1 million new cancer cases, 8.2 million cancer deaths and 32.6 million people living with cancer (within 5 years of diagnosis) in 2012 worldwide.
A recurrent cancer refers to a cancer that has come back, usually after a period of time during which the cancer could not be detected. The cancer may come back to the same area as the primary tumor or to another place in the body. For example, a recurrence or recurrent breast cancer is breast cancer that has come back after a period when it couldn’t be detected. The cancer may come back in the same or opposite breast or chest wall.
A metastasis or metastatic cancer is the spread of cancer cells from the place where they first formed to another part of the body. In metastasis, cancer cells break away from the original tumor, travel through the blood or lymph system, and form a new tumor in other organs or tissues of the body. The new, metastatic tumor is the same type of cancer as the primary tumor. For example, if breast cancer spreads to the lung, the cancer cells in the lung are breast cancer cells, not lung cancer cells.
– A review of the different forms of resistant and therapeutic treatments for metastatic cancer, provide an understanding of the mechanisms of resistance and recurrence in metastatic cancer, review the current treatment options by tumor origin, and the treatment strategies for resistant and therapeutic metastatic cancers.
– Provide an analysis and forecast of the revenues for cancer treatments for the global market subdivided by major market subsegments by geographic region and by selected country.
– Present a detailed analysis of global market shares, together with a further, more detailed analysis of market shares by geographic region and by selected country.
In addition, the analysis provides a:
– Detailed review of the current products, their indications and availability for all the market segments identified.
– Profile of the individual market subsegments within the major market segments analyzed and the distinguishing features of each of the market subsegments.
– Review of the major market opportunities through the recognition of specific high-growth and emerging market opportunities.
– Profile of the leading suppliers of cancer treatments together with related information about specific products.
This study will allow the reader to:
– Gain an insight into the treatment regimens for resistant and therapeutic metastatic cancers and its implications for the patient, the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries.
– Evaluate the effect of strategic factors such as technology-driven change and industry consolidation for the resistant and therapeutic metastatic cancer market.
– Investigate the current market dynamics that are driving changes in the resistant and therapeutic metastatic cancer market.
– Assess future growth opportunities in the resistant and therapeutic metastatic cancer market.
– Review the main products in each sector and plan a product entry strategy in line with the strengths and weaknesses of the competition.
– Utilize the report to help realize a company’s position in the marketplace and to provide insight into the future of the market and the opportunities that exist.
– 84 data tables and 46 additional tables
– An overview of the market for resistant and recurrent metastatic cancers, with coverage of the current therapeutic strategies and treatment options.
– Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
– In-depth analyses of major oncology indications, including non-small-cell lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, and head and neck cancer.
– Evaluation of the incidence of recurrent and metastatic diseases by geography, type, and targeted mechanism.
– Analysis of the competitive market dynamics, including the impact of mergers and acquisitions, as well as potential market disruptors and growth driving factors.
– Coverage of intelligence into the oncology therapeutics R&D pipeline and patent landscape.
– Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the field.
ARRAY BIOPHARMA INC.
ASTELLAS PHARMA INC.
CASCADIAN THERAPEUTICS INC.
CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS, INC.
EISAI CO., LTD.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
F HOFFMAN LA ROCHE AG
GALENA BIOPHARMA, INC.
IMMUNOCELLULAR THERAPEUTICS, LTD.
INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON
MERCK & CO., INC.
NEW LINK GENETICS CORP.
OTSUKA HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Incidence, Prevalence and Mortality Statistics for Cancer: A Global Summary
Chapter 4 Metastasis and Current Understanding of the Mechanisms of Resistance and Recurrence in Metastatic Cancer
Chapter 5 Cancer: Current Therapy Strategies
Chapter 6 Metastatic Cancer Treatment Options by Tumor Origin
Chapter 7 Global Market for Cancer Therapeutics by Cancer Type
Chapter 8 Regulatory and Legislative Requirements
Chapter 9 Patent Review/ New Developments
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)