The Global Drug Allergy Market is expected to grow at the CAGR of ~5.1% during the forecast period and is estimated to reach USD 4764.0 million by 2023.
Drug Allergy Market – Key Players
Some of key the players in the market are:
- AstraZeneca (UK)
- Bayer (US)
- Circassia (US)
- HAL Allergy Group (the Netherlands)
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (US)
- MAGNA Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US)
- Stallergenes Greer (UK)
Drug Allergy Market – Overview
Allergy is the sensitivity of immune system, which occurs when a foreign substance, harmless in nature react with the immune system. This substance is known as allergen. The common allergens are dust mist, pollen, mold, smoke and many more. According to the World Allergy Organization, approximately 30-40% of the global population is suffering from allergy. Many people are suffering from different types of allergy including seasonal allergy. Additionally, most of the people also suffer from drug allergy whose prevalence is found to be increasing across the globe. Treatment involves the use of antihistamines, corticosteroids, treatment of anaphylaxis, withdrawal of the drug, and others.
According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, about 5-10% of total American population is allergic to various medicines. Adverse reaction to various drugs or medicines is common in the U.S. population. Some of the common medicines such as penicillin, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, anticonvulsants, chemotherapy, and monoclonal antibody therapy are more likely to trigger an allergic reaction in the patients. Increasing investment for research and introduction of new treatments are leading the market growth in this region.
According to the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), around 2.6% hospitalization happens due to adverse drug effects while the prevalence of drug allergy in the hospitalized patients is around 10% in the Europe.
Try Sample Report Here @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/4033 .
Drug Allergy Market – Key Developments
Strategic approaches adopted help the major players in the market to sustain their growth and develop their business in various geographical areas across the globe. Agreements and collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and new product launches are various strategies followed by the key players.
Founded in 1999, AstraZeneca is headquartered in Cambridge, England, is a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company. The company offers distinctive products in three major therapy areas that provide meaningful difference to patients includes oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity.
- July, 2017: AstraZeneca and Merck & Co., Inc. entered a global strategic oncology collaboration to co-develop and co-commercialise AstraZeneca’s Lynparza (olaparib) for multiple cancer types. Lynparza is an innovative, first-in-class oral poly ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor currently approved for BRCA-mutated ovarian cancer in multiple lines of treatment. The strategic collaboration is expected to further increase the number of treatment options available to patients.
- October, 2017: Stallergenes Greer announced the acquisition of Medic Savoure Limited, a well-established allergy immunotherapy (AIT) leader in Canada. The acquisition strengthens local presence of Stallergenes Greer as well as accelerates the company’s growth in Canada. The acquisition is also expected to increase cash flow allergy business that bolsters Stallergenes Greer’s North American operations. The company focus on expanding its business in allergy immunotherapy.
- November, 2016: Stallergenes Greer announced a collaboration with the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University (“Stanford”). The main focu of collaboration is to identify potential biomarkers of Allergy Immunotherapy (AIT) efficacy. And to access the impact of peanut oral immunotherapy on biological parameters. The collaboration with the Sean N. Parker Centre for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University will help to strengthen its research and development goals to determine new treatment of allergic patients.
- July, 2014: Stallergenes Greer announced the acquisition of the entire share capital of ALERGO PHARMA S.R.L., an Argentinean allergen immunotherapy (AIT) company. This acquisition focuses on combination of two complementary dedicated allergen immunotherapy companies, to widen the range of products for diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from allergic respiratory diseases. This acquisition establishes Stallergenes Greer among the top allergen immunotherapy pharmaceutical companies in Latin America thus expanding the company’s geographical presence.
Research by Key Payers in the Market:
HAL Allergy Group:
HAL is one of the major companies in drug allergy market, head quartered at Leiden, Netherlands. In 1959, it was started as am small laboratory in the centre of Haarlem, the Netherlands. It products include allergy vaccines and diagnostic products.
- May, 2016: HAL Allergy had successfully completed a Phase I trial with its novel subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) product for treatment of peanut allergy. The drug contains peanut allergens which was modified using proprietary technology to reduce their allergenicity.
Get Discount on Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/4033 .
Drug Allergy Market – Regional Analysis
The Americas dominate the global market for the drug allergy. The Americas mainly include North America and Latin America, out of which North America accounts for the majority of the market share of this region. The US is the top revenue generating market in North America and is one of the important markets for the global drug allergy treatment.
In Europe more developed Western European countries like Germany, UK and France are dominating this market while East European region is also growing significantly.
Asia Pacific region is showing the fastest growth rate in the global drug allergy market due to some major factors such as increasing awareness about various drug allergies, availability of treatment products, and rapidly improving healthcare facilities.
The Middle East & Africa is expected to experience a limited growth due to lack of awareness about diseases, traditional healthcare practices, etc. The Middle East region dominates the market due to some of the major factors, for instance, developed healthcare facilities and government support to improve public health.
Some of Major Table of Content for “Drug Allergy Market Research Report – Global forecast till 2023”
Chapter 1. Report Prologue
Chapter 2. Market Introduction
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.2.1 Research Objective
Chapter 3. Research Methodology
3.2 Primary Research
3.3 Secondary Research
3.4 Market Size Estimation
Chapter 4. Market Dynamics
To Know More Enquire @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/enquiry/4033 .
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Market Research Future
Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar,
Pune – 411028
+1 646 845 9312