A new market study, titled “Epiomic Epidemiology Series: Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) Forecast in 11 Major Markets 2017-2027”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the presence of hepatic steatosis in the absence of competing liver disease. It is a spectrum of liver disorders associated with steatosis, with no evidence of significant alcohol consumption. NAFLD develops in four main stages; Steatosis (simple fatty liver), Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), Fibrosis and Cirrhosis.
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a more serious form of steatosis, due to the added inflammation. It is defined as the presence of hepatic steatosis and inflammation with hepatocyte injury (ballooning) with or without fibrosis. This can progress to cirrhosis, liver failure and, more rarely, hepatocellular carcinoma.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) across 11 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, India and China) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of NAFLD have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global NAFLD market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of NAFLD, including NASH, and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on NAFLD prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within NAFLD which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of NAFLD patients.
Table of Contents
- List of Tables and Figures
- Cause of the Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis of the Disease
o Stages of Fibrosis
- Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions/Features Associated with the Disease
- Methodology for quantification of patient numbers
- Top-line Prevalence of NAFLD
- Features of NAFLD patients
o Comorbid conditions in NAFLD patients
- Prevalence of NASH
o Grades of Fibrosis in NASH patients
- Abbreviations used in the report
- Other Black Swan Analysis Publications
- Black Swan Analysis Online Patient-Based Databases
- Patient-Based Offering
- Online Pricing Data and Platforms
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)