WiseGuyReports has announced the addition of a new intelligence report, titled “MediPoint: Foam Dressings – Global Analysis and Market Forecasts”.
Foam dressings are semi-permeable polyurethane or silicon wound dressings. Form dressings comprise of inner hydrophilic wound contact surface and outer hydrophobic backing which make them highly absorbent from inside while water-proof outside. These are available in various thicknesses with or without adhesive borders and antimicrobial agents.
The global Foams market will be strongly driven by the due to increasing aged population and a high number of surgeries, trauma cases, as well as acute and chronic wounds.
Global market is dominated by Molnlycke Health Care, Smith and Nephew, and ConvaTec.
Growing interest in Negative Pressure Wound-care Therapy (NPWT) for treatment of wounds such as second and third degree burns, diabetic ulcers and other chronic wounds by applying vacuum is increasing the value for Foams.
Global foam dressings market was estimated at $1.56B in 2017 across the 39 markets covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2024, the market will grow to approximately $2.10B at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.10%.
Key drivers of the foam dressings market in the forecast period are:
- The growing prevalence of chronic wounds and acute burn injuries.
- Ability of foam dressings to treat highly exudating wounds.
Key Players in the Market
Leading players in the global foam ressings market are large multinationals with established presences in the wound care management markets. Molnlycke and Smith & Nephew are the chief players in the space, followed by ConvaTec and 3M Healthcare. Beyond these major players, the current market includes small- to mid-sized wound care management companies with foam dressings products marketed in various geographies, mainly outside the US. As the market continues to attract new entrants, GlobalData expects to see an increase in mergers and acquisitions activity as a continuing trend.
– Overview of the Foams market, including reimbursement trends and M&A analysis
– Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by region through 2024.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
– Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development and analysis of emerging trends in design.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Foams market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Foams market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Foams market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track device sales in the global and regional Foams market from 2017-2024.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Molnlycke Health Care
Smith and Nephew
3M Healthcare Ltd.
Table of Contents
1 About the Authors 2
2 Table of Contents 3
3 Executive Summary 7
4 Introduction 16
5 Market Outlook 17
6 Market Access 44
7 Opportunities, Unmet Needs, and Barriers 92
8 Market Insights 96
9 Competitive Assessment 104
10 Appendix 113
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)