A new market study, titled “OpportunityAnalyzer: Sepsis and Septic Shock – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026”, has been featured on wiseGuyReports.
Sepsis is a complex disease, which not only involves a wide array of causative agents, but also results in different individual immune responses, causing various single or multiple organ dysfunction(s). Late 2016, the sepsis and septic shock market embraced new consensus definitions for sepsis and septic shock, which for the first time mandate an organ dysfunction underlying an infection to be classified as suffering from sepsis or septic shock. Past clinical development of drugs has been hampered by late stage failures due to recruitment of heterogeneous patient populations. Recent advances in clinical trial design, particularly the adoption of adaptive clinical trials, has awakened the hope of new pipeline products entering the sepsis and septic shock marketplace. However, physicians remain cautious, as reliable biomarkers to stratify these patients to these new pipeline drugs are not anticipated to launch during the forecast period.
Today, the sepsis and septic shock market is dominated by generic products, as the management of patients with sepsis and septic shock is mainly relying on antimicrobial therapy, fluid resuscitation, vasopressors, anticoagulants, steroids, and immunoglobulin therapy. The competition is high for these therapies, and the market is saturated with many suppliers of inexpensive generics. The sepsis and septic shock market is anticipated to experience the arrival of four new first-in-class pipeline drugs (BMS-936559, recAP, Traumakine, and CYT107) and three improved therapeutic options (selepressin, thrombomodulin, and cefiderocol), as well as two new hemoperfusion devices (Toraymyxin and CytoSorb). Industry experts expects the Global Sepsis and Septic Shock Market – which, for the purposes of this report, comprises the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM; US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) – to expand during the next decade at an astonishing CAGR of 7.9%, reaching total sales of $5.9 billion by 2026.
– Overview of sepsis and septic shock, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, as well current routine sepsis and septic shock recommendations of all 7MM covered.
– Top-line sepsis and septic shock market revenue from 2016-2026. Recent acquisitions, approvals and governmental recommendations are included in the forecast model.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, clinical trial design, and influence of new consensus definitions for the sepsis and septic shock market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and analysis of late-stage pipeline products. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global sepsis and septic shock marketplace. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global sepsis and septic shock market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the sepsis and septic shock market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
2 Sepsis and Septic Shock: Executive Summary 10
3 Introduction 20
4 Disease Overview 22
5 Epidemiology 48
6 Current Treatment Options 97
7 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis 124
8 Research and Development Strategies 147
9 Pipeline Assessment 172
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis 232
11 Appendix 263
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)