A new market study, titled “Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) – Dynamic Market Forecast to 2025”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a rapidly evolving field in which new developments are constantly influencing the market landscape. The Dynamic Market Forecast is designed to help clients stay abreast of the latest news in the RA space, including regulatory, commercial, and clinical events as well as understand how all of these events will impact the projected market forecast.
Key Updates to RA Market Dynamics
Discontinuation of sirukumab positively impacts sales of Kevzara
GlobalData originally forecasted sirukumab to garner $410M in sales in 2025. Following global discontinuation of sirukumab for RA, GlobalData expects Kevzara to capture the patient share of sirukumab, generating an additional $586.4M in sales in 2025.
Amgen and AbbVie reach an agreement on Humira patent litigations, delaying the launch of Amjevita in the US until 2023
GlobalData originally forecast Humira biosimilars to bring in $2.6B in sales in 2025 in the RA market alone. Although Humira biosimilars were forecast to launch in 2023 in the original model, GlobalData dampened the initial uptake of Humira biosimilars given current patterns of biosimilar uptake.
Renflexis priced at a 35% discount to Remicade in the US
Originally, GlobalData anticipated Remicade biosimilars to be priced at a 15% discount to Remicade. Although the discount of Renflexis is steeper than initially anticipated, GlobalData does not expect peak uptake to increase, due to physicians’ reluctance to switch a patient to a biosimilar and the high price tag despite the discount.
EC approval of Erelzi, strengthening the position of Enbrel biosimilars in the 5EU
GlobalData forecasts strong uptake of Enbrel biosimilars in the 5EU after the reporting that Benepali first year sales topped $100M. Sales in 2025 are anticipated to increase by 56% in the 5EU from the original forecast.
FDA issues a complete response letter for Olumiant
The launch of Olumiant is expected to be delayed by one year in the US and is not expected to significantly impact sales. GlobalData expects global sales in 2025 to decrease by 9% from the original model.
Key events covered in the Dynamic Market Forecast include –
– Regulatory filings
– Approval decisions
– Pricing changes
– Patent litigation
– Clinical trial data announcements
– Clinical trial failures
– Clinical trial timeline updates
Components of the slide deck include –
– Timeline of market-impacting events
– Key clinical trial landscape updates
– Detailed analysis of the most impactful events, including new primary research to gain Key Opinion Leader perspective
– Overview of updates to the forecast model based on anticipated future impact of events
– Forward-looking events calendar listing expected key updates to the RA competitive space through June 2018
Reasons to buy
– Recent Regulatory Events
– Recent Commercial Events
– Recent Clinical Events
– Market Dynamics Shifts Towards Biosimilars in the RA Setting
– Discontinuation of J&J’s Sirukumab for RA Creates Opportunity for Other IL-6 Inhibitors
– Increased Competition Among the Oral JAK Inhibitors in the RA Setting
Table of Contents
- Dynamic Market Forecast Overview 5
- Executive Summary 8
- Event 1: Market Dynamics Shift Towards Biosimilars 16
- Event 2: Discontinuation of Sirukumab Creates Opportunity for Other IL-6 Inhibitors 25
- Event 3: Competition Among the Oral JAK Inhibitors 32
- Events Calendar 40
- Appendix 42
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)