WiseGuyreports have announced the addition of a new report, titled “Nutraceuticals: New Applications for Probiotics, Genetic Modification and Diet as Products Make Gains in Rx Territory”.
The nutraceuticals market is growing and diversifying rapidly. These products are linked by the fact that they are dietary products that have some degree of either purported or clinically evidenced medical benefit. However, the market lacks a clear definition of what constitutes a nutraceutical, with the term covering a spectrum of products from prescription-only medical foods to widely available consumer supplements. Recent research trends have demonstrated a wide array of potential applications for nutraceuticals, ranging from oncology to neurological and neurodevelopmental conditions. Much of the innovation in the field is being carried out by food companies, which are investing heavily in both early and applied R&D with well-defined and evidenced clinical applications, in a manner more typical of pharmaceutical companies. In contrast, pharmaceutical companies that are involved in this space typically manufacture consumer nutraceuticals. This report provides key industry perspective on the nutraceuticals industry from a large survey of over 150 food and pharmaceutical industry professionals, both within and outside of the nutraceuticals sector. Those involved in the industry were found to mostly believe in the value propositions of nutraceuticals, and expected their company to increase its level of investment in the area. In contrast, for those not involved with nutraceuticals the opposite was generally true. The industry survey showed a strong consensus that China, India and Brazil are the most promising geographies in terms of growth expectations for the nutraceuticals industry. This is partially due to the fact that the Western and Japanese markets, while are still expected to witness grow, are largely saturated, and partially due to the ability of nutraceuticals to treat a diverse array of indications at a low cost. Moreover, as GDP continues to rise in these economies, consumer nutraceuticals will be well positioned to capitalize on the growth in disposable income.
Over the past decade the nutraceuticals industry has undergone sustained growth and how has a standalone value equal to around 25% of the value of the pharmaceutical industry. Nutraceutical products are characterized by the fact that they are dietary products which have some degree of either purported or clinically evidenced medical benefit. However, the market lacks a clear definition of what constitutes a nutraceutical, with the term covering a spectrum of products from prescription-only medical foods to widely available consumer supplements.
Food companies and pharmaceutical companies are currently both competing in the nutraceuticals market. Currently, much of the innovation in the nutraceuticals field is being carried out by food companies who are investing heavily in both early and applied R&D for nutraceuticals with well-defined and evidenced clinical applications, in a manner more typical of pharmaceutical companies. On the other hand, pharmaceutical companies who are involved in this space typically manufacture consumer nutraceuticals.
Nonetheless, the nutraceuticals market as a whole is becoming saturated and current legislation in several key markets makes it difficult for consumers or practitioners to distinguish high quality products from those that are inferior. Moreover, a lack of convergence between regulatory systems across the globe hinders R&D and marketing of valuable nutraceutical products.
– How can the nutraceuticals sector be defined in general, and what types of product does it include?
– What are the key strategies used in marketing and developing some of the leading nutraceutical products?
– What are the key companies involved in nutraceuticals?
– What are some of the key upcoming products, companies and research trends within nutraceuticals?
– How does the regulatory landscape for different types of nutraceutical vary in key territories?
– What factors have hindered the growth of the nutraceuticals market?
– How can companies grow successfully within the nutraceuticals market?
Reasons to buy
– Understand the complex differences in the regional regulation of nutraceuticals, and how they shape the market
– Understand key future trends in the nutraceuticals market
– Gain an understanding of the industry perspective on critical aspects of the nutraceuticals industry, such as drivers, barriers, promising geographies and the value propositions of products
– Understand the strategies of key players from the food and pharmaceutical industries that are involved in the nutraceuticals market
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 3
2 Nutraceuticals Overview 5
3 Key Nutraceutical Products – Case Studies 11
4 Key Companies Involved in the Nutraceutical Market 18
5 Regulatory Landscape and Promising Markets 25
6 Outlook for Nutraceuticals and Key Future Trends 32
7 Appendix 45
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)