A new market study, titled “PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026”, has been featured on WiseGuyReports.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic, inflammatory neurological disorder characterized pathologically by demyelination, axonal transection, and neurodegeneration within the central nervous system. It is the most common cause of non-traumatic neurological disability in young adults, afflicting at least 2.5 million people worldwide. In most patients, the disease is characterized initially by episodes of reversible neurological deficits, which is often followed by progressive neurological deterioration over time. The precise etiology of MS remains incompletely elucidated, but it is believed to involve a complex interaction between various environmental and genetic factors.
The late-stage candidates include products from both established and emerging players with a wide range of mechanism of action (MOA). Progressive MS is a significant focus for product development, with 8 of the late-stage products targeting this patient group as an initial indication, such as protecting mitochondrial energy sources (idebenone), antioxidants (MD1003), promoting remyelination (opicinumab) and neuroprotection (ibudilast and laquinimod). There is currently a distinct lack of DMT options for patients with progressive MS subtypes, and patients remain significantly underserved. The majority of the Phase III candidates targeting RRMS are based on established MOAs, such as second generation S1P receptor modulators (ozanimod and ponesimod) or anti-CD20 mAbs (ofatumumab and ublituximab).
– Overview of MS: including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annualized MS market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments (RRMS, PPMS and SPMS), forecast from 2016 to 2026.
– Key topics covered: strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the MS therapeutics market
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for MS therapy. Promising candidates in Phase IIB or above were profiled.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global MS therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MS therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MS therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
2 Executive Summary 12
3 Introduction 23
4 Disease Overview 25
5 Epidemiology 32
6 Disease Management 56
7 Competitive Assessment 89
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment 160
9 Pipeline Assessment 174
10 Current and Future Players 263
11 Market Outlook 280
12 Appendix 300
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)