The report titled “Bone Graft Substitute Market -Forecast to 2027″ is a direct appreciation by Market Research Future of the market potential of the Bone Graft Substitute Market. The report intends to provide accurate and meaningful insights, both quantitative as well as qualitative. It can be said with high confidence level, that this report will satisfy the need for comprehensive insights needed to compete and beat other players in today’s winner takes all market!
MarketResearchFuture.com adds “Bone Graft Substitute Market -2018 Global Analysis, Growth, Trends and Opportunities Research Report Forecasting to 2027” reports to its database.
Market Synopsis of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
Bone grafting is a restorative surgical procedure involving transplanting of bone tissue to augment or regenerate damaged or lost bones. The global market of bone graft substitute is anticipated to grow to USD 5,031.0 million by the end of the forecast period 2017 to 2027. The market is expected to deliver a CAGR growth of ~ 6.52 %.
Major Market Players:
BioHorizons IPH, Inc., Dentsply Sirona, ACE Surgical Supply Company, Inc., Dentium Co., Ltd., Zimmer Biomet, Institut Straumann AG, Stryker Corporation, Medtronic plc, and others.
Geographic analysis of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
The US occupies for the largest market share owing to faster uptake of latest technology, and greater health care expenditure, which accounts for 16 % of GDP in 2016. The concentration of major bone graft in the U.S. regions also drives the market.
However the worsening regulatory and reimbursement environment in US markets has worried bone graft manufacturers. Bone graft is classified as Class III devices which require time and effort intensive premarket approval. PMA requires of valid scientific evidence about the probable health benefits from the intended use of a device which must outweigh the probable risks and reasonable evidence to assure that the device will significantly help a large portion of the target population. There has been a slight increase in the days required for clearance of device by the FDA due to increased strictness regarding clinical evidence and testing requirements which has lengthened the time and path to clearance.
Europe holds the second position in the global market led by Germany and France. Asia Pacific region is anticipated to deliver the fastest growth led by Japan, China and India. The African region is anticipated to generate a lower single digit growth because of poor healthcare penetration, socio- economic conditions and other factors.
Market Dynamics of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
- Increase in the demand of bone grafting procedures is the most critical driver of the market. According to the British editorial society of bone & joint surgery, bone is the second most common transplanted tissue after blood with an estimated 2.2 million grafting procedures annually worldwide in 2015.
- Rise in risk factors such as increasing cases of fractures and accidents, diseases such as osteoporosis, growing older population, obesity and others. The world health organization (WHO) estimates that between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world’s population over 60 years wills nearly double from 12% to 22% and by 2020, the number of people aged 60 years and older will outnumber children younger than 5 years. WHO also states that the pace of population ageing is much faster than in the past and by 2050, 80% of older people will be living in low- and middle-income countries.
- Increasing penetration of orthopedic speciality hospitals and healthcare insurance
- Growing healthcare penetration and expenditure. According to Centre for Medicare and Medicaid services, Medicare spending grew 4.5% to $646.2 billion in 2015, while Medicaid spending grew 9.7% to $545.1 billion in 2015. Private health insurance spending was found to grow 7.2% to $1,072.1 billion in 2015.
- Risk and complications from bone grafting procedures such as pain, blood loss, rejections, infections and others
- High cost of bone graft treatment is the strongest constraint. For example, for a cadaver or synthetic bone graft, the average bone graft price is around $400 to $1500 for a single implant exclusive of other charges while Allograft bone graft costs $2500-$5000
- High growth of biotech and growing number of startups. According to national venture capital association, Biotechnology industry received the second largest amount of venture capital for the year 2016, and ended with a 17% rise in dollars as compared with the previous year.
- The worsening regulatory and reimbursement environment combined with the uncertainty of healthcare reforms has made it more challenging to first obtain marketing approval of new products in US markets.
TRY SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1195 .
Segments of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
Type – auto graft, bone morphogenetic protein, demineralized bone matrix, synthetic bone grafts, and others.
Application – spinal fusion, long bone, joint reconstruction, foot & ankle, dental, and others.
Current industry trends and developments:
- Xenografts, and synthetic bone grafts are expected to be the fastest growing segment and will reduce the market share of Autograft which has been the grafting gold standard
- Synthetic materials such as hydroxyapatite are devoid of organic and biological agents, which hinder osteoconduction, osteoinduction and osteogenesis. Thus, recombinant DNA technology is being pressed into use to eliminate these drawbacks by mixing these materials with growth factors to enhance grafts and stem cell-based auto grafts. The greater use of biotechnology is expected to increase the characteristics of synthetic bone graft such as osteoconduction, osteoinduction and osteogenesis etc.
CHAPTER 1. REPORT PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 2. INTRODUCTION
2.2 Scope of Study
2.3 Research Objective
2.4 Assumptions & Limitations
CHAPTER 3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Research Process
3.2 Primary Research
3.3 Secondary Research
3.4 Market Size Estimation
3.5 Forecast Model
CHAPTER 4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Increase in the Number of Bone Grafting Procedures
4.2.2 Ageing Population with Demand for High Quality Musculoskeletal Function in Old Age
4.2.3 Increasing Penetration of Orthopedic Speciality Hospitals and Healthcare Insurance
4.3.1 Risk and Complications from Bone Grafting Procedures
4.3.2 High Cost of Bone Graft Treatment
4.4.1 Technological Advancements
4.4.2 High Investment in Biotech Sector
4.4.3 Consolidation of Large Healthcare Providers in the US
4.5.1 Worsening Regulatory Landscape in the US
4.5.2 Growing Cost of Noncompliance
4.6 Macroeconomic Indicators
4.7 Technology Trends & Assessment
4.7.1 Bone-Graft Materials
4.7.2 Recombinant DNA Technology
4.7.3 Titanium-Foam Implant
4.7.4 Customised Degradable Implants
CHAPTER 5. MARKET FACTOR ANALYSIS
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.1.1 Threat from a New Entrant
5.1.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer
5.1.3 Bargaining Power of Supplier
5.1.4 Threat from Substitute
5.1.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 Supply Chain Analysis
5.2.1 Raw Material
5.3 Investment Opportunity Analysis
5.3.1 Market Size, Growth Rate, and Profitability
5.3.2 Investment Risks
5.3.3 Market Outlook
5.4 Merger & Acquisition Landscape
AVAIL DISCOUNT REPORT @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/1195 .
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Market Research Future
Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar,
Pune – 411028
+1 646 845 9312