Veterinary services include animal hospitals, veterinary surgical services, veterinary laboratory testing services and veterinary clinics. Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 9
Animal hospitals 9
Veterinary surgical services 9
Veterinary laboratory testing services 9
Veterinary clinics 9
2. Asia’s Veterinary Services Market 10
2.1.1 Asia’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 10
2.1.2 Asia’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 11
2.1.3 Asia Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 12
2.1.4 Asia’s Market Size By Segment 13
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 13
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 13
2.2 Asia’s Veterinary Services Market: Country Analysis 14
2.3 China’s Veterinary Services Market 14
2.3.1 China’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 14
2.3.2 China’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 15
2.3.3 China’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 16
2.3.4 China’s Market Size By Segment 17
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 17
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 17
2.3.5 China’s Market Size By Animal Type 18
2.3.6 China’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 19
2.4 India’s Veterinary Services Market 20
2.4.1 India’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 20
2.4.2 India’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 21
2.4.3 India’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 22
2.4.4 India’s Veterinary Market Size By Segment 23
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 23
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 23
2.4.5 India’s Market Size By Animal Type 24
2.4.6 India’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 25
2.5 Japan’s Veterinary Services Market 26
2.5.1 Japan’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 26
2.5.2 Japan’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 27
2.5.3 Japan’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 28
2.5.4 Japan’s Veterinary Market Size By Segment 29
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 29
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 29
2.5.5 Japan’s Market Size By Animal Type 30
2.5.6 Japan’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 31
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 33
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 33
3.2 Historic Market Growth 33
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 34
Emerging Markets Growth 34
Increased Pet Spending 34
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 34
Certification To Export Meat Products – 34
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 34
Shortage of Veterinarians 34
Lack Of Governmental Support 35
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 35
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 36
Economic Growth 36
Wildlife Conservation 36
Rising Livestock Population 36
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 36
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 36
Interest Rate Increases 36
Global Warming 36
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 38
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 39
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 39
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 40
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 40
4.5 Industry Competition 41
5. PESTLE Analysis 42
5.1 Political Factors 42
5.2 Economic Factors 43
5.3 Social Factors 43
5.4 Technological Factors 44
5.5 Legal Factors 45
5.6 Environmental Factors 45
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 46
6.1 Global Segmentation 46
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 46
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 46
6.2 Animal Hospitals 47
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 47
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 47
Big Data In Veterinary Care 47
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 47
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 47
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 48
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 48
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 48
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 49
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 49
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 49
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 49
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 50
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 50
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 51
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 53
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 53
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 54
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 55
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 55
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 56
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 57
10.1 Animal Population by Country 57
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 58 ………….CONTINUED
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708