Applications are open for the 2018 Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition facilitated by the Center for Bioengineering Innovation and Design (CBID) and sponsored by Boston Scientific. The competition is open to all student-led design teams from around the world developing innovative health-related solutions.
The competition includes three tracks for submissions:
- Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems
- Global Health or Humanitarian Designs
- Healthcare Apps or Information Technology Designs
Eligibility criteria for submitted projects include:
- Focused on a healthcare application
- Started on or after January 1, 2015
- Led by full-time students defined as individuals working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees who have not already received more than $100k in funding for their project
For questions on eligibility, contact Aditya Polsani.
Applicants are required to submit a two-page executive summary of their design project due by February 19th. Successful applicants will be notified by March 19th and invited to participate in semi-final and final rounds of judging at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD on April 15. Multiple cash prizes will be awarded to the winners.
For general questions, contact CBID.