Healthcare spending in North America has been on the rise due to a range of initiatives taken by government in different parts of the region such as national level insurance coverage in the USA, government funded healthcare system known as Medicare in Canada and the System of Social Protection in Health in Mexico aimed at funding healthcare for families that are not covered under the social health insurance. Hospitals and outpatient centers are medical facilities that provide diagnostic and medical treatment to patients with a wide range of medical conditions. Outpatient care centers offer medical care or treatment that does not require any overnight stay in a hospital or medical facility.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for hospitals and outpatient care centers? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The hospitals and outpatient care centers global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The hospitals and outpatient care centers market section of the report gives context. It compares the hospitals and outpatient care centers market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical and Emergency Centers, General Medical and Surgical Hospitals, HMO Medical Centers, All Other Outpatient Care Centers, Kidney Dialysis Centers, Specialty (except Psychiatric and Substance Abuse) Hospitals, Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers, Family Planning Centers.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: National Health Service, Kaiser Permanente, Davita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Clevel and Clinic, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Cancer Center, University Of Maryland Medical Center, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Characteristics 10
General Medical and Surgical Services 10
Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Services 10
Specialty Services 10
Family Planning Centers 10
Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers 10
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Medical Centers 10
Kidney Dialysis Centers 10
Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical and Emergency Centers 11
All Other Outpatient Care Centers 11
Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 12
2.1 Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 12
2.1.1 Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Historic Market, 2012-2016 14
2.1.3 Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Americas Market Size by Segment 16
General Hospitals 16
Outpatient Care Centers 17
Specialized Hospitals 17
Mental Hospitals was the smallest segment with a 4.0% share of the hospitals and outpatient care centers market. 17
2.2 Americas Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market: Country Analysis 18
2.3 Brazil Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 18
2.3.1 Brazil Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Overview 18
2.3.2 Brazil Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Historic Market, 2012-2016 19
2.3.3 Brazil Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Forecast Market, 2016-2020 20
2.3.4 Brazil Market Size by Segment 22
General Hospitals 22
Outpatient Care Centers 23
Specialized Hospitals 23
Mental Hospitals 23
2.3.5 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 24
2.3.6 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 25
2.4 USA Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 26
2.4.1 USA Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Overview 26
2.4.2 USA Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Historic Market, 2012-2016 28
2.4.3 USA Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Forecast Market, 2016-2020 29
2.4.4 USA Market Size by Segment 30
General Hospitals 30
Outpatient Care Centers 31
Specialized Hospitals 31
Mental Hospitals 31
2.4.5 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 31
2.4.6 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 33
3. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Global Context 34
3.1 Historic Market Growth 34
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 35
Emerging Markets Growth 35
Health Insurance Reforms 35
Technology Advances 35
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 35
Low Healthcare Access 35
Vaccination Programs and Improved Sanitation 35
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 36
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 37
Aging Population 37
Increase in Healthcare Access 37
Economic Growth 37
Increase in Lifestyle Diseases 37
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 37
Government Regulations 37
4. Porters Five Force Model 39
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 40
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 41
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 42
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 43
4.5 Industry Competition 44
5. PESTLE Analysis 45
5.1 Political 45
5.2 Economic 47
5.3 Social 48
5.4 Technological 50
5.5 Legal 52
5.6 Environmental 54
6. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Segmentation 56
6.1 Global Segmentation 56
General Hospitals 57
Outpatient Care Centers 57
6.2 Segmentation by Country 58
6.3 Hospitals 59
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 59
6.3.2 Market Trends and Strategies 60
Rising Demand for Cloud Based Electronic Health Records 60
Big Data Analytics to Offer Quality Care 60
Mobile and IoT Technology Adoption 60
Personalized Medicine for Customized Care 61
6.4 Outpatient Care Centers 61
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 61
6.4.2 Market Trends and Strategies 61
Shared Medical Appointments 61
Emergence of Care Coordination 62
Co-Management of Outpatient Care Facilities 62
7. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Regional and Country Analysis 63
7.1 Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2016, By Region 63
7.2 Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 65
7.3 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2016, By Country 67
7.4 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 68
8. Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 70
8.1 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 70
Per Capita Average Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, Global 71
9. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 72
9.1 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 72
9.2 Per Capita Average Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, By Country 74
9.3 Average Household Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, By Country 75
9.4 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 77
9.5 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 79
10. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Indicators Comparison 80
10.1 Hospitals, By Country 80
10.2 Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 82
10.3 Hospital Beds, By Country 83
10.4 Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum Per Annum, By Country 85
11. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Competitive Landscape 87
11.1 Company Profiles 87
11.2 National Health Services (NHS) 87
11.2.1 Overview 87
11.2.2 Products and Services 87
11.2.3 Financial Performance 87
11.3 Kaiser Permanente 88
11.3.1 Overview 88
11.3.2 Products and Services 88
11.3.3 Financial Performance 89
11.4 DaVita 90
11.4.1 Overview 90
11.4.2 Products and Services 90
11.4.3 Strategy 90
11.4.4 Financial Performance 91
11.5 Mayo Clinic 91
11.5.1 Overview 91
11.5.2 Products and Services 91
11.5.3 Strategy 92
11.5.4 Financial Performance 92
11.6 John Hopkins Hospital 93
11.6.1 Overview 93
11.6.2 Products and Services 93
11.6.3 Strategy 94
11.6.4 Financial Performance 94
12. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Cust
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708