Sepsis is a complex disease, which not only involves a wide array of causative agents, but also results in different individual immune responses, causing various single or multiple organ dysfunction(s). Late 2016, the sepsis and septic shock market embraced new consensus definitions for sepsis and septic shock, which for the first time mandate an organ dysfunction underlying an infection to be classified as suffering from sepsis or septic shock. Past clinical development of drugs has been hampered by late stage failures due to recruitment of heterogeneous patient populations. Recent advances in clinical trial design, particularly the adoption of adaptive clinical trials, has awakened the hope of new pipeline products entering the sepsis and septic shock marketplace. However, physicians remain cautious, as reliable biomarkers to stratify these patients to these new pipeline drugs are not anticipated to launch during the forecast period.
Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp
Today, the sepsis and septic shock market is dominated by generic products, as the management of patients with sepsis and septic shock is mainly relying on antimicrobial therapy, fluid resuscitation, vasopressors, anticoagulants, steroids, and immunoglobulin therapy. The competition is high for these therapies, and the market is saturated with many suppliers of inexpensive generics. The sepsis and septic shock market is anticipated to experience the arrival of four new first-in-class pipeline drugs (BMS-936559, recAP, Traumakine, and CYT107) and three improved therapeutic options (selepressin, thrombomodulin, and cefiderocol), as well as two new hemoperfusion devices (Toraymyxin and CytoSorb). GlobalData expects the global sepsis and septic shock market – which, for the purposes of this report, comprises the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM; US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) – to expand during the next decade at an astonishing CAGR of 7.9%, reaching total sales of $5.9 billion by 2026.
– Overview of sepsis and septic shock, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, as well current routine sepsis and septic shock recommendations of all 7MM covered.
– Top-line sepsis and septic shock market revenue from 2016-2026. Recent acquisitions, approvals and governmental recommendations are included in the forecast model.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, clinical trial design, and influence of new consensus definitions for the sepsis and septic shock market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and analysis of late-stage pipeline products. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global sepsis and septic shock marketplace. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global sepsis and septic shock market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the sepsis and septic shock market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Sepsis and Septic Shock: Executive Summary 10
2.1 Global Sepsis and Septic Shock Market to Experience Strong Growth on Launch of First-in-Class Pipeline Products 11
2.2 Developers Must Leverage Innovative R&D Strategies to Target Appropriate Patients and Achieve Sustained Commercial Success 13
2.3 A High Level of Unmet Need Persists in the Sepsis and Septic Shock Marketplace 13
2.4 Opportunities Remain for Current and Future Players to Develop Therapies Targeting Sepsis-Specific Pathophysiology 14
2.5 Immunomodulating Therapies Poised to Transform Sepsis and Septic Shock Market, but Missing Biomarkers Will Limit Their Utility 15
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 17
3 Introduction 20
3.1 Catalyst 20
3.2 Related Reports 21
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports 21
4 Disease Overview 22
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 22
4.1.1 Etiology 22
4.1.2 Pathophysiology 34
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems 44
4.3 Symptoms 46
4.4 Prognosis 46
4.5 Quality of Life 47
5 Epidemiology 48
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: