Pune, India, 7th December 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “OpportunityAnalyzer: Osteoarthritis – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026”.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common joint disease affecting over 27 million people in the US alone in 2005. It is a major cause of disability and pain amongst elderly in the western world, second only to cardiovascular disease. OA is a slowly progressive joint disease characterized by degradation of the articular cartilage coating the bone proximities of synovial joints as well as cell stress and extra cellular matric degradation, which leads to maladaptive repair responses resulting in loss of function and culminating in illness. OA is a disease of the whole organ, adversely affecting the subchondral bone, tendons, ligaments and synovium. Damage to these structures causes irritation and pain, which intensifies with disease progression and can significantly decrease individuals’ quality of life. The sites mainly affected by OA are the weight bearing bones such as knees and hips, as well as hands.
Research estimates the 2016 sales for the OA market at approximately $1.6 billion across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European Union countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) and Japan. Over the course of the 10-year forecast period, the OA market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.1% across the 7MM. Each of the 7MM are anticipated to grow significantly, recording CAGRs of 9.2%, 4.8% and 6.1% across the US, 5EU and Japan, respectively. At the end of 2026, the US will account for 75% of sales across the 7MM, while the 5EU and Japan will account for around 15% and 10% of sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to large OA population, which will continue to grow to over 274 million by 2026, as well as higher anticipated high annual cost of therapy (ACOT) of biologic analgesics including Pfizer’s tanezumab and Regeneron’s fasinumab as well as DMOADs including TissueGene’s Invossa and Samumed’s SM04690, in the US market.
– Overview of OA, including epidemiology (separation between symptomatic and radiographic patients), etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
– Topline OA market revenue from 2016-2026. ACOT and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
– Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting OA therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global OA therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global OA therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the OA therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Osteoarthritis: Executive Summary 10
2.1 OA Market Expected to Experience Strong Growth from 2016-2026 11
2.2 Drug Development Focused on Analgesics with Novel MOAs and DMOADs 13
2.3 Clinical Unmet Need Will Remain Largely Unfulfilled 13
2.4 The OA Market Provides an Abundance of Opportunities for the Development of Novel Analgesics and DMOADs 14
2.5 Anti-NGFs Are Likely to Become the Most Attractive New Treatment Option 14
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 16
3 Introduction 18
3.1 Catalyst 18
3.2 Related Reports 18
4 Disease Overview 19
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 19
4.2 Symptoms 24
4.3 Prognosis and Quality of Life 25
5 Epidemiology 26
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: