Macular edema (ME) is a condition characterized by the thickening and swelling (edema) of the macula, which is the area of the retina that is responsible for central vision. The occurrence of ME is highly frequent in diabetics and usually manifests itself as diabetic macular edema (DME). The risk for ME is also higher in patients with retinal vein occlusion (RVO), which consists of two types: branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO).
Epidemiological analysis is supported by the use of country-specific prevalence data from epidemiological studies published in peer-reviewed journals. epidemiologists used uniform methodology across the markets to forecast the diagnosed prevalent cases of DME among the diagnosed diabetic retinopathy population and the total prevalent cases of ME following BRVO and CRVO, to allow for a meaningful comparison of the disease populations across these markets.
In the 7MM, epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of DME in the diagnosed retinopathy population will grow by 31.29% over the forecast period, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 3.13%, from 980,030 cases in 2016 to 1,286,637 cases by 2026. The total prevalent cases of ME following BRVO in the 7MM increased from 307,341 total prevalent cases in 2016 to 347,397 total prevalent cases in 2026. The total prevalent cases of ME following CRVO in the 7MM increased from 125,326 total prevalent cases in 2016 to 149,226 total prevalent cases in 2026, at an AGR of 1.91% during the forecast period.
– The Macular edema (ME) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for ME in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of DME among the diagnosed diabetic retinopathy population, diagnosed prevalent cases of clinically significant DME among the diagnosed DME population, and the total prevalent cases of ME following BRVO and CRVO segmented by sex and age (ages 20 years and older) in these markets.
– The ME epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The ME EpiCast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ME market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global ME market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for ME therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand magnitude of ME population by age and sex.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Executive Summary 5
2.1 Related Reports 8
2.2 Upcoming Reports 8
3 Epidemiology 9
3.1 Disease Background 9
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 10
3.3 Global and Historical Trends 10
3.4 Forecast Methodology 11
3.4.1 Sources 11
3.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 16
3.4.3 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D 16
3.4.4 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T1D 20
3.4.5 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy 20
3.4.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DME Among the Diagnosed Diabetic Retinopathy Population 21
3.4.7 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Clinically significant DME Among the Diagnosed DME Population 22
3.4.8 Total Prevalent Cases of BRVO and CRVO 23
3.4.9 Total Prevalent Cases of ME following BRVO and CRVO 23
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Macular Edema (2016-2026) 25
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: