Crohn’s disease (CD) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which is comprised of two chronic autoimmune diseases that cause intestinal inflammation: Crohn’s disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC). In CD, chronic inflammation may affect any part of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract from the mouth to the anal area; however, CD occurs most commonly in the lower part of the small intestine (ileum) and in the large intestine. The pathophysiology of CD is complex, as the disease is characterized by recurring flares that evolve along with periods of inactivity and remission.
Research estimates the 2016 sales for the COPD market at approximately $9.2 billion across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European Union countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. Over the course of the 10-year forecast period, the CD market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.8% across the 7MM. Each of the 7MM are anticipated to grow, recording CAGRs of 4.9%, 1.3%, and 3.6% across the US, 5EU, and Japan, respectively. At the end of 2026, the US will account for 87.2% of sales across the 7MM, while the 5EU and Japan, will account for around 11.3% and 1.4% of sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to the higher prices of pharmaceuticals and the greater diagnosed prevalence of CD in the region, as well as the high annual cost of therapy (ACOT) of J&J’s Stelara and the anticipated ACOT of AbbVie’s risankizumab in the US market.
– Overview of CD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
– Topline CD market revenue from 2016-2026. ACOT and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
– Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting CD therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CD therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the CD therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Executive Summary 8
2.1 Launch of Non-Anti-TNF Therapies Will Fuel CD Market Growth to 2026 9
2.2 R&D and Corporate Strategies Will Be Focused on the Competitive Biologics Space 11
2.3 A Number of Clinical Unmet Needs Exist in the CD Treatment Realm 12
2.4 Treatments for the Management of Perianal Fistulas Remain Elusive 13
2.5 Novel Biologics and Biosimilars Will Reshape the CD Competitive Landscape 13
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 14
3 Introduction 17
3.1 Catalyst 17
3.2 Related Reports 18
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports 18
4 Disease Overview 19
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 19
4.2 Biomarkers/Targets of Interest 22
4.3 Symptoms 22
4.4 Prognosis 23
4.5 Quality of Life 24
5 Epidemiology 25
5.1 Disease Background 25
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 26
5.3 Global and Historical Trends 27
5.4 Forecast Methodology 30
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Crohn’s Disease 43
5.6 Alternate Epidemiological Forecast for Crohn’s Disease (2016-2026) 49
5.7 Discussion 51
6 Disease Management 54
6.1 Diagnosis Overview 54
6.2 Treatment Overview 54
6.3 US 57
6.4 5EU 59
6.5 Japan 61
7 Competitive Assessment 63
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: