USA veterinary services market is expected to grow from over $40 billion in 2016 to over $50 billion in 2020. This can be attributed to rising humanization of animals and increasing penetration of animal insurance in the country. Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 8
Animal hospitals 8
Veterinary surgical services 8
Veterinary laboratory testing services 8
Veterinary clinics 8
2. USA’s Veterinary Service Market 9
2.1. USA’s Veterinary Services Market 9
2.1.1. USA’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 9
2.1.2 USA’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 11
2.1.3 USA’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 12
2.1.4 USA’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 13
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 13
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 13
2.1.5 USA’s Market Size By Animal Type 14
2.1.6 USA’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 15
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 17
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 17
3.2 Historic Market Growth 17
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 18
Emerging Markets Growth 18
Increased Pet Spending 18
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 18
Certification To Export Meat Products – 18
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 18
Shortage of Veterinarians 18
Lack Of Governmental Support 19
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 19
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 20
Economic Growth 20
Wildlife Conservation 20
Rising Livestock Population 20
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 20
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 20
Interest Rate Increases 20
Global Warming 20
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 22
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 23
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 23
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 24
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 24
4.5 Industry Competition 25
5. PESTLE Analysis 26
5.1 Political Factors 26
5.2 Economic Factors 27
5.3 Social Factors 27
5.4 Technological Factors 28
5.5 Legal Factors 29
5.6 Environmental Factors 29
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 30
6.1 Global Segmentation 30
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 30
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 30
6.2 Animal Hospitals 31
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 31
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 31
Big Data In Veterinary Care 31
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 31
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 31
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 32
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 32
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 32
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 33
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 33
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 33
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 33
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 34
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 34
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 35
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 37
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 37
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 38
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 39
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 39
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 40
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 41
10.1 Animal Population by Country 41
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 42
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708