E-commerce Solutions was the latest trend observed in the healthcare services industry in 2016. E-commerce solutions offer an online market place for groups of health services and treatment providers, which can be purchased by consumers. Online platforms for real time service purchases allow individuals to buy healthcare services at a discounted price. Coordination and upfront pricing ensure transparent billing and eliminates eligibility verification, claims submissions or collection risks for providers. E-commerce solutions also reduce administrative costs and overall healthcare expenditure for patients. For example, an eClinicalWorks subsidiary, healow.com, allows patients to communicate with doctors online without having to visit their offices; there about 25 million users using this service. Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare services market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 10
2. USA’s Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1 USA Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1.1 USA Healthcare Services Market Overview 11
2.1.2 USA Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 12
2.1.3 USA Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 13
2.1.4 USA Market Size By Segment 14
2.1.5 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 15
2.1.6 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 17
3. Healthcare Services Market Global Context 19
3.1 Historic Market Growth 19
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 20
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 20
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 21
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 21
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 22
4. Porters Five Force Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 23
4.1 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 23
4.2 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 23
4.3 Threat Of New Entrants 23
4.4 Threat Of Substitutes 23
4.5 Industry Competition 23
5. PESTLE Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 24
5.1 Political 24
5.2 Economic 24
5.3 Social 24
5.4 Technological 24
5.5 Legal 25
5.6 Environmental 25
6. Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 26
6.1 Global Segmentation 26
6.2 Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities 28
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 28
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 29
6.3 Veterinary Services 30
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 30
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 30
6.4 Dental Services Market 32
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 32
6.4.2 Market Trends And Strategies 33
6.5 Physicians and Other Health Practitioners 35
6.5.1 Market Characteristics 35
6.5.2 Market Trends And Strategies 36
6.6 Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services 37
6.6.1 Market Characteristics 37
6.6.2 Market Trends And Strategies 37
6.7 Home Health And Residential Nursing Care Services 39
6.7.1 Market Characteristics 39
6.7.2 Market Trends And Strategies 40
6.8 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers 41
6.8.1 Market Characteristics 41
6.8.2 Market Trends And Strategies 42
7. Healthcare Services Market Regional And Country Analysis 44
7.1 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Region 44
7.2 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Region 45
7.3 Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Country 47
7.4 Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Country 49
8. Global Healthcare Services Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 51
8.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 51
8.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, Global 52
9. Healthcare Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 53
9.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 53
9.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 54
9.3 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 54
9.4 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure As A % Of Household Income 57
9.5 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 59
9.6 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 60
10. Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison 61
10.1 Hospitals By Country 61
10.2 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospitals Per 1 Million Population, By Country 62
10.3 Hospital Beds By Country 64
10.4 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per 1 Million Population, By Country 66
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708