Oceania veterinary services market is expected to grow from around $4 billion in 2016 to over $4.3 billion in 2020. This can be attributed to rising single person households who seek pet companionship, thus driving the demand for veterinary services. Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 8
Animal hospitals 8
Veterinary surgical services 8
Veterinary laboratory testing services 8
Veterinary clinics 8
Oceania’s Veterinary Services Market 9
2.1.1. Oceania’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 9
2.1.2. Oceania’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 10
2.1.3. Oceania’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 11
2.1.4. Oceania’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 12
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 12
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 12
2.2. Oceania’s Veterinary Services Market: Country Analysis 13
2.3. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market 13
2.3.1. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 13
2.3.2. Australia’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 14
2.3.3. Australia’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 15
2.3.4. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 16
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 16
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 16
2.3.5. Australia’s Market Size By Animal Type 17
2.3.6. Australia’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 18
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 19
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 19
3.2 Historic Market Growth 19
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 20
Emerging Markets Growth 20
Increased Pet Spending 20
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 20
Certification To Export Meat Products – 20
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 20
Shortage of Veterinarians 20
Lack Of Governmental Support 21
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 21
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 22
Economic Growth 22
Wildlife Conservation 22
Rising Livestock Population 22
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 22
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 22
Interest Rate Increases 22
Global Warming 22
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 24
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 25
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 25
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 26
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 26
4.5 Industry Competition 27
5. PESTLE Analysis 28
5.1 Political Factors 28
5.2 Economic Factors 29
5.3 Social Factors 29
5.4 Technological Factors 30
5.5 Legal Factors 31
5.6 Environmental Factors 31
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 32
6.1 Global Segmentation 32
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 32
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 32
6.2 Animal Hospitals 33
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 33
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 33
Big Data In Veterinary Care 33
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 33
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 33
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 34
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 34
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 34
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 35
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 35
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 35
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 35
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 36
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 36
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 37
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 39
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 39
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 40
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 41
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 41
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 42
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 43
10.1 Animal Population by Country 43
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 44
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708