Oceania healthcare services market is expected to grow from over $140 billion in 2015 to over $143 billion in 2019. This is expected to be mainly due to rising elderly population and increasing government spend on healthcare services. Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare services market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 10
2. Oceania Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1.1 Oceania Healthcare Services Market Overview 11
2.1.2 Oceania Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 12
2.1.3 Oceania Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 13
2.1.4 Oceania Market Size By Segment 13
2.2 Oceania Healthcare Services Market: Country Analysis 16
2.3 Australia Healthcare Services Market 16
2.3.1 Australia Healthcare Services Market Overview 16
2.3.2 Australia Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 17
2.3.3 Australia Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 18
2.3.4 Australia Market Size By Segment 19
2.3.5 Australia Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 21
2.3.6 Australia Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 22
3. Healthcare Services Market Global Context 24
3.1 Historic Market Growth 24
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 25
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 25
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 26
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 26
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 27
4. Porters Five Force Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 28
4.1 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 28
4.2 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 28
4.3 Threat Of New Entrants 28
4.4 Threat Of Substitutes 28
4.5 Industry Competition 28
5. PESTLE Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 29
5.1 Political 29
5.2 Economic 29
5.3 Social 29
5.4 Technological 29
5.5 Legal 30
5.6 Environmental 30
6. Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 31
6.1 Global Segmentation 31
6.2 Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities 33
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 33
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 34
6.3 Veterinary Services 35
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 35
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 35
6.4 Dental Services Market 37
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 37
6.4.2 Market Trends And Strategies 38
6.5 Physicians and Other Health Practitioners 40
6.5.1 Market Characteristics 40
6.5.2 Market Trends And Strategies 41
6.6 Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services 42
6.6.1 Market Characteristics 42
6.6.2 Market Trends And Strategies 42
6.7 Home Health And Residential Nursing Care Services 44
6.7.1 Market Characteristics 44
6.7.2 Market Trends And Strategies 45
6.8 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers 46
6.8.1 Market Characteristics 46
6.8.2 Market Trends And Strategies 47
7. Healthcare Services Market Regional And Country Analysis 49
7.1 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Region 49
7.2 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Region 50
7.3 Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Country 52
7.4 Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Country 54
8. Global Healthcare Services Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 56
8.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 56
8.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, Global 57
9. Healthcare Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 58
9.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 58
9.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 59
9.3 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 59
9.4 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure As A % Of Household Income 62
9.5 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 64
9.6 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 65
10. Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison 66
10.1 Hospitals By Country 66
10.2 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospitals Per 1 Million Population, By Country 67
10.3 Hospital Beds By Country 69
10.4 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per 1 Million Population, By Country 71
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708