Healthcare spending in China is expected to grow at an average rate of 11.8% during 2014-2018 due to the rise in aging population, lifestyle diseases, consumer income and advances in universal health insurance policies. Hospitals and outpatient centers are medical facilities that provide diagnostic and medical treatment to patients with a wide range of medical conditions. Outpatient care centers offer medical care or treatment that does not require any overnight stay in a hospital or medical facility.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for hospitals and outpatient care centers? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The hospitals and outpatient care centers global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The hospitals and outpatient care centers market section of the report gives context. It compares the hospitals and outpatient care centers market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical and Emergency Centers, General Medical and Surgical Hospitals, HMO Medical Centers, All Other Outpatient Care Centers, Kidney Dialysis Centers, Specialty (except Psychiatric and Substance Abuse) Hospitals, Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers, Family Planning Centers.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: National Health Service, Kaiser Permanente, Davita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Clevel and Clinic, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Cancer Center, University Of Maryland Medical Center, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Characteristics 9
General Medical and Surgical Services 9
Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Services 9
Specialty Services 9
Family Planning Centers 9
Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers 9
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Medical Centers 9
Kidney Dialysis Centers 9
Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical and Emergency Centers 10
All Other Outpatient Care Centers 10
2. China’s Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 11
2.1 Asia Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market: Country Analysis 11
2.2 China Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market 11
2.2.1 China Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Overview 11
2.2.2 China Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Historic Market, 2012-2016 13
2.2.3 China Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Forecast Market, 2016-2020 14
2.2.4 China Market Size by Segment 15
General Hospitals 15
Outpatient Care Centers 16
Specialized Hospitals 16
Mental Hospitals 16
2.2.5 China Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 17
2.2.6 China Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 18
3. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Global Context 19
3.1 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Size and Growth 19
3.2 Historic Market Growth 19
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 20
Emerging Markets Growth 20
Health Insurance Reforms 20
Technology Advances 20
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 20
Low Healthcare Access 20
Vaccination Programs and Improved Sanitation 21
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 22
3.3.1 Drivers of the Market 23
Aging Population 23
Increase in Healthcare Access 23
Economic Growth 23
Increase in Lifestyle Diseases 23
3.3.2 Restraints on the Market 23
Government Regulations 23
4. Porters Five Force Model 25
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 26
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 27
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 28
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 29
4.5 Industry Competition 30
5. PESTLE Analysis 31
5.1 Political 31
5.2 Economic 33
5.3 Social 34
5.4 Technological 36
5.5 Legal 38
5.6 Environmental 40
6. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Segmentation 42
6.1 Global Segmentation 42
General Hospitals 43
Outpatient Care Centers 43
6.2 Segmentation by Country 44
6.3 Hospitals 45
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 45
6.3.2 Market Trends and Strategies 46
Rising Demand for Cloud Based Electronic Health Records 46
Big Data Analytics to Offer Quality Care 46
Mobile and IoT Technology Adoption 46
Personalized Medicine for Customized Care 47
6.4 Outpatient Care Centers 47
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 47
6.4.2 Market Trends and Strategies 47
Shared Medical Appointments 47
Emergence of Care Coordination 48
Co-Management of Outpatient Care Facilities 48
7. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Regional Analysis Analysis 49
7.1 Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2016, By Region 49
7.2 Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 51
7.3 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2016, By Country 53
7.4 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 54
8. Global Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 56
8.1 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 56
8.2 Per Capita Average Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, Global 57
9. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 58
9.1 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 58
9.2 Per Capita Average Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, By Country 60
9.3 Average Household Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Expenditure, By Country 61
9.4 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 63
9.5 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 65
10. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Indicators Comparison 66
10.1 Hospitals, By Country 66
10.2 Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 68
10.3 Hospital Beds, By Country 69
10.4 Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum Per Annum, By Country 71
11. Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers Market Competitive Landscape 73
11.1 Company Profiles 73
11.2 National Health Services (NHS) 73
11.2.1 Overview 73
11.2.2 Products and Services 73
11.2.3 Financial Performance 73
11.3 Kaiser Permanente 74
11.3.1 Overview 74
11.3.2 Products and Services 74
11.3.3 Financial Performance 75
11.4 DaVita 76
11.4.1 Overview 76
11.4.2 Products and Services 76
11.4.3 Strategy 76
11.4.4 Financial Performance 77
11.5 Mayo Clinic 77
11.5.1 Overview 77
11.5.2 Products and Services 77
11.5.3 Strategy 78
11.5.4 Financial Performance 78
11.6 John Hopkins Hospital 79
11.6.1 Overview 79
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708