Veterinary services spending in North America is high due to a range of initiatives taken by government in different parts of the region and countries. Governed under The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USA is the largest market for the industry. The market is further expected to grow due to stricter regulations by the Veterinary Feed Directive on anti-microbial drugs for production animals.
Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 9
Animal hospitals 9
Veterinary surgical services 9
Veterinary laboratory testing services 9
Veterinary clinics 9
Americas’ Veterinary Service Market 10
2.1.1. Americas’ Veterinary Services Market Overview 10
2.1.2. Americas’ Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 12
2.1.3. Americas’ Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 13
2.1.4. Americas’ Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 14
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 14
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 14
2.2. Americas’ Veterinary Services Market: Country Analysis 15
2.3. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market 15
2.3.1. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 15
2.3.2. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 17
2.3.3. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 18
2.3.4. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 19
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 19
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 19
2.3.5. Brazil’s Market Size By Animal Type 20
2.3.6. Brazil’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 21
2.4. USA’s Veterinary Services Market 22
2.4.1. USA’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 22
2.4.2. USA’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 24
2.4.3 USA’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 25
2.4.4 USA’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 26
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 26
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 26
2.4.5 USA’s Market Size By Animal Type 27
2.4.6 USA’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 28
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 30
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 30
3.2 Historic Market Growth 30
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 31
Emerging Markets Growth 31
Increased Pet Spending 31
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 31
Certification To Export Meat Products – 31
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 31
Shortage of Veterinarians 31
Lack Of Governmental Support 32
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 32
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 33
Economic Growth 33
Wildlife Conservation 33
Rising Livestock Population 33
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 33
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 33
Interest Rate Increases 33
Global Warming 33
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 35
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 36
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 36
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 37
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 37
4.5 Industry Competition 38
5. PESTLE Analysis 39
5.1 Political Factors 39
5.2 Economic Factors 40
5.3 Social Factors 40
5.4 Technological Factors 41
5.5 Legal Factors 42
5.6 Environmental Factors 42
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 43
6.1 Global Segmentation 43
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 43
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 43
6.2 Animal Hospitals 44
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 44
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 44
Big Data In Veterinary Care 44
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 44
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 44
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 45
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 45
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 45
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 46
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 46
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 46
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 46
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 47
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 47
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 48
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 50
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 50
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 51
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 52
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 52
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 53
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 54
10.1 Animal Population by Country 54
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 55
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708