North American healthcare spending has been on the rise due to a range of initiatives taken by government in different parts of the region such as national level insurance coverage in the USA. Similar to the USA, Canada has been making investments in its public healthcare system to offer the citizens of Canada with quality healthcare services. Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare services market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 10
2. Americas Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1.1 Americas Healthcare Services Market Overview 11
2.1.2 Americas Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 13
2.1.3 Americas Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 14
2.1.4 Americas Market Size By Segment 14
2.2 Americas Healthcare Services Market: Country Analysis 17
2.3 Brazil Healthcare Services Market 17
2.3.1 Brazil Healthcare Services Market Overview 17
2.3.2 Brazil Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 18
2.3.3 Brazil Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 19
2.3.4 Brazil Market Size By Segment 20
2.3.5 Brazil Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population,2011-2019,USD ($) 21
2.3.6 Brazil Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 23
2.4 USA Healthcare Services Market 25
2.4.1 USA Healthcare Services Market Overview 25
2.4.2 USA Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 26
2.4.3 USA Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 27
2.4.4 USA Market Size By Segment 28
2.4.5 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 29
2.4.6 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 31
3. Healthcare Services Market Global Context 33
3.1 Historic Market Growth 33
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 34
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 34
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 35
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 35
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 36
4. Porters Five Force Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 37
4.1 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 37
4.2 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 37
4.3 Threat Of New Entrants 37
4.4 Threat Of Substitutes 37
4.5 Industry Competition 37
5. PESTLE Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 38
5.1 Political 38
5.2 Economic 38
5.3 Social 38
5.4 Technological 38
5.5 Legal 39
5.6 Environmental 39
6. Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 40
6.1 Global Segmentation 40
6.2 Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities 42
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 42
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 43
6.3 Veterinary Services 44
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 44
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 44
6.4 Dental Services Market 46
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 46
6.4.2 Market Trends And Strategies 47
6.5 Physicians and Other Health Practitioners 49
6.5.1 Market Characteristics 49
6.5.2 Market Trends And Strategies 50
6.6 Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services 51
6.6.1 Market Characteristics 51
6.6.2 Market Trends And Strategies 51
6.7 Home Health And Residential Nursing Care Services 53
6.7.1 Market Characteristics 53
6.7.2 Market Trends And Strategies 54
6.8 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers 55
6.8.1 Market Characteristics 55
6.8.2 Market Trends And Strategies 56
7. Healthcare Services Market Regional And Country Analysis 58
7.1 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Region 58
7.2 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Region 59
7.3 Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Country 61
7.4 Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Country 63
8. Global Healthcare Services Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 65
8.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 65
8.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, Global 66
9. Healthcare Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 67
9.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 67
9.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 68
9.3 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 68
9.4 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure As A % Of Household Income 71
9.5 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 73
9.6 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 74
10. Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison 75
10.1 Hospitals By Country 75
10.2 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospitals Per 1 Million Population, By Country 76
10.3 Hospital Beds By Country 78
10.4 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per 1 Million Population, By Country 80
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708