The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a major healthcare association in the USA that comprises different hospitals and healthcare networks. It has network of around 5,000 hospitals and 43,000 individuals. It was founded in the year 1898 and ensures that its member’s perspectives are addressed in national policy development, legislative and judicial matters. The USA healthcare market is expected to grow from over $3250 billion in 2016 to over $4050 billion in 2020.
The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
USA Healthcare Market 12
2.1 USA Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 USA Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 USA Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 15
2.1.3 USA Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 16
2.1.4 USA Market Size by Segment 17
2.1.5 USA Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 18
2.1.6 USA Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 19
2.1.7 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 21
2.1.8 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 22
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 24
3.1 Historic Market Growth 24
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 25
Health Insurance Reforms 25
Falling Oil Prices 25
Technology Development 25
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 25
Patent Expiration of Drugs 25
Low Healthcare Access 25
Government Regulations 25
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 26
3.2 Healthcare Market Forecast 27
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 28
Aging Populations 28
Increase In Healthcare Access 28
Economic Growth 28
Changes in Lifestyles 28
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 28
Rising Cost 28
Reduction In Free Trade 28
Self-Care Diagnostics 29
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 29
4. Porters Five Force Model 30
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 31
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 31
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 32
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 33
4.5 Industry Competition 33
5. PESTLE Analysis 35
5.1 Political 36
5.2 Economic 36
5.3 Social 37
5.4 Technological 38
5.5 Legal 40
5.6 Environmental 41
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 42
6.1. Global Segmentation 42
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 43
6.3. Segmentation by Country 44
6.4. Healthcare Services 45
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 45
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 46
Increase in Bundle Payments 46
Digital Tools Usage 46
More Power with Patients 46
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 47
6.5. Pharmaceutical 47
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 47
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 47
Turning Away From Animal Testing 48
Increase In Personalized Medicine 48
Collaboration Driving Innovation 48
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 48
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 48
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 49
6.6. Medical Equipment 49
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 49
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 49
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 49
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 50
Wearables and Mobile Applications 50
Shift to Service Contracts 50
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 51
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 51
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 52
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 54
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 55
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 57
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 57
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 58
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 59
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 59
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 60
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 61
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 61
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 63
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 64
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 66
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 67
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 68
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 68
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 69
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 71
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 72
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708