According to the IMF, Oceania’s total GDP was $1.6 trillion in 2014 accounting for 2.0% of global GDP . Australia and New Zealand are the major countries in this region. Australia has been implementing various reforms to improve healthcare services access in many parts in the country. New Zealand has developed a healthcare system that focuses on offering quality services through the public sector. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
Oceania Healthcare Market 12
2.1 Oceania Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 Oceania Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Oceania Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 14
2.1.3 Oceania Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Oceania Market Size by Segment 16
2.1.5 Oceania Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 17
2.1.6 Oceania Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 18
2.2 Oceania Healthcare Market: Country Analysis 20
2.3 Australia Healthcare Market 20
2.3.1 Australia Healthcare Market Overview 20
2.3.2 Australia Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 22
2.3.3 Australia Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 23
2.3.4 Australia Market Size by Segment 24
2.3.5 Australia Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 25
2.3.6 Australia Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 27
2.3.7 Australia Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 28
3. Healthcare Market Size and Growth 30
3.1 Historic Market Growth 30
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 31
Health Insurance Reforms 31
Falling Oil Prices 31
Technology Development 31
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 31
Patent Expiration of Drugs 31
Low Healthcare Access 31
Government Regulations 31
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 32
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 33
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 34
Aging Populations 34
Increase In Healthcare Access 34
Economic Growth 34
Changes in Lifestyles 34
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 34
Rising Cost 34
Reduction In Free Trade 34
Self-Care Diagnostics 35
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 35
4. Porters Five Force Model 36
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 37
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 37
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 38
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 39
4.5 Industry Competition 39
5. PESTLE Analysis 41
5.1 Political 42
5.2 Economic 42
5.3 Social 43
5.4 Technological 44
5.5 Legal 46
5.6 Environmental 47
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 49
6.1. Global Segmentation 49
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 50
6.3. Segmentation by Country 51
6.4. Healthcare Services 52
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 52
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 53
Increase in Bundle Payments 53
Digital Tools Usage 53
More Power with Patients 53
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 54
6.5. Pharmaceutical 54
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 54
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 54
Turning Away From Animal Testing 55
Increase In Personalized Medicine 55
Collaboration Driving Innovation 55
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 55
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 55
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 56
6.6. Medical Equipment 56
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 56
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 56
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 56
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 57
Wearables and Mobile Applications 57
Shift to Service Contracts 57
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 58
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 58
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 59
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 61
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 62
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 64
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 64
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 65
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 66
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 66
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 67
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 68
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 68
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 70
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 71
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 73
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 74
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 75
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 75
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 76
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 78
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 79
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708