Germany is the sixteenth most populated country with a population of 81 million that accounts for 1.1% population of the global population. About 21% of Germany’s population were senior citizens (above 65 years old). The Federal Joint Committee is the highest decision-making body within the self-governing health care system in Germany. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
Germany Healthcare Market 12
2.1 Germany Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 Germany Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Germany Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 14
2.1.3 Germany Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Germany Market Size by Segment 16
2.1.5 Germany Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 17
2.1.6 Germany Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 18
2.1.7 Germany Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 20
2.1.8 Germany Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 21
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 22
3.1 Historic Market Growth 22
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 23
Health Insurance Reforms 23
Falling Oil Prices 23
Technology Development 23
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 23
Patent Expiration of Drugs 23
Low Healthcare Access 23
Government Regulations 23
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 24
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 25
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 26
Aging Populations 26
Increase In Healthcare Access 26
Economic Growth 26
Changes in Lifestyles 26
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 26
Rising Cost 26
Reduction In Free Trade 26
Self-Care Diagnostics 27
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 27
4. Porters Five Force Model 28
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 29
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 29
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 30
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 31
4.5 Industry Competition 31
5. PESTLE Analysis 33
5.1 Political 34
5.2 Economic 34
5.3 Social 35
5.4 Technological 36
5.5 Legal 38
5.6 Environmental 39
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 40
6.1. Global Segmentation 40
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 41
6.3. Segmentation by Country 42
6.4. Healthcare Services 43
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 43
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 44
Increase in Bundle Payments 44
Digital Tools Usage 44
More Power with Patients 44
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 45
6.5. Pharmaceutical 45
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 45
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 45
Turning Away From Animal Testing 46
Increase In Personalized Medicine 46
Collaboration Driving Innovation 46
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 46
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 46
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 47
6.6. Medical Equipment 47
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 47
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 47
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 47
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 48
Wearables and Mobile Applications 48
Shift to Service Contracts 48
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 49
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 49
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 50
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 52
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 53
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 55
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 55
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 56
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 57
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 57
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 58
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 59
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 59
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 61
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 62
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 64
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 65
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 66
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 66
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 67
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 69
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 70
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708