Globally, ~70% of the market share is held by the developed regions owing to favorable reimbursements leading to affordability for EPO drugs. Going forward, owing to commercialization of EPO biosimilars, the Asia-Pacific EPO drugs market would be the most potential market among other regions.
The global EPO Drugs Market is thus driven by increasing number of patients suffering from anemic condition induced due to cancer, HIV and ESRD treatment; favorable reimbursements and increasing commercialization of EPO biosimilars. Amongst all synthetic erythropoietin products, Epoetin alfa and its advance version, Darbepoetin alfa, are the most popular drugs. Epoetin alfa and Darbepoetin alfa collectively accounted for ~80% of total EPO drugs market revenue.
Based on the applications, the global EPO drugs market is segmented into anemia associated with End Stage Renal Diseases (ESRD), cancer chemotherapy and, antiretroviral treatment (ART). Current research is focused toward expanding the applications of EPO drugs in other disease conditions such as neural diseases and wound healing.
GlobalErythropoietin drugs market is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. Europe is the leading geographical market owing to favorable reimbursement policies and less stringent and speedy regulatory approvals for EPO drugs.
Get the PDF brochure of this market insight@ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/59
Key companies profiled in the report are, Amgen Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Hospira Inc., Roche, LG Life Sciences Ltd., Biocon, Intas Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd., and Celltrion, Inc.
Key findings of Erythropoietin Drugs Market:
- Europe led the global EPO drug market in 2013 closely followed by North America
- Asia Pacific EPO drugs market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.3% during the forecast period, fastest among the four geographies
- Currently, Anemia therapeutics (Cancer and HIV treatment) market leads the overall EPO drugs market; however, kidney therapeutic segment would emerge as the largest market segment by 2020
- Originator companies are investing in R&D for expanding product i.e. EPO drug applications to newer disorders such as neural diseases and in wound healing
- EPO drugs market is witnessing high commercialization of biosimilars for the ‘off-patent’ drug namely Erythropoietin alfa