Breast Imaging Technologies Market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to increase in incidence of breast cancer worldwide and proactive initiatives by healthcare organizations to raise awareness about early breast cancer detection.
The global market is expected to garner $4,502 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 8.4% during the period 2016-2022.North America and Europe together accounted for over three-fourths market share in 2015. Ionizing breast imaging technology is expected to maintain its lead throughout the forecast period.
Breast imaging technologies are used to obtain high-resolution images of breast tissues. These imaging modalities, such as ionizing and non-ionizing imaging technologies, aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases, especially breast cancer in women.
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death in women after cervical cancer. According to the estimates of GLOBOCAN, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer among women, with approximately 1.67 million new cancer cases diagnosed in 2012, and it is expected to affect more than 1.97 million individuals by 2020. Thus, the advent of breast imaging technologies is crucial to curtail the chances of breast cancer and its associated risk factors. Therefore, increase in prevalence of breast cancer is expected to increase the breast imaging technologies market share.
Get the PDF brochure of this market insight@ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/886
Key findings of the Breast Imaging Technologies Market :
- The ionizing breast imaging segment accounted for almost two-thirds of the total market in 2015, while non-ionizing breast imaging technologies is expected to be the fastest growing segment, recording a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period.
- Full-field digital mammography system accounted for more than three-fourths of the total ionizing breast imaging technologies market in 2015.
- 3D breast tomosynthesis segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 9.9%.
- Among non-ionizing breast imaging technologies, breast MRI accounted for nearly two-fifths of the total market share in 2015. On the other hand, breast ultrasound is poised to grow at a faster rate at a CAGR of 9.9%.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 9.5%.