Brazil healthcare market is expected to grow from around $240 billion in 2016 to around $300 billion in 2020. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
Brazil Healthcare Market 12
2.1 Brazil Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 Brazil Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Brazil Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 13
2.1.3 Brazil Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Brazil Market Size by Segment 16
2.1.5 Brazil Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 17
2.1.6 Brazil Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 18
2.1.7 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 21
2.1.8 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 22
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 25
3.1 Historic Market Growth 25
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 26
Health Insurance Reforms 26
Falling Oil Prices 26
Technology Development 26
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 26
Patent Expiration of Drugs 26
Low Healthcare Access 26
Government Regulations 26
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 27
3.2 Healthcare Market Forecast 28
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 29
Aging Populations 29
Increase In Healthcare Access 29
Economic Growth 29
Changes in Lifestyles 29
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 29
Rising Cost 29
Reduction In Free Trade 29
Self-Care Diagnostics 30
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 30
4. Porters Five Force Model 31
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 32
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 32
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 33
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 34
4.5 Industry Competition 34
5. PESTLE Analysis 36
5.1 Political 37
5.2 Economic 37
5.3 Social 38
5.4 Technological 39
5.5 Legal 41
5.6 Environmental 42
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 44
6.1. Global Segmentation 44
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 45
6.3. Segmentation by Country 46
6.4. Healthcare Services 47
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 47
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 48
Increase in Bundle Payments 48
Digital Tools Usage 48
More Power with Patients 49
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 49
6.5. Pharmaceutical 49
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 49
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 50
Turning Away From Animal Testing 50
Increase In Personalized Medicine 50
Collaboration Driving Innovation 50
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 50
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 50
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 51
6.6. Medical Equipment 51
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 51
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 51
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 52
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 52
Wearables and Mobile Applications 52
Shift to Service Contracts 52
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 54
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 54
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 55
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 57
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 58
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 60
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 60
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 61
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 62
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 62
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 63
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 64
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 65
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 66
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 67
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 69
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 70
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 71
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 71
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 72
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 74
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 75
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708