The Department of Health in Australia is the regulatory body that oversees healthcare services in Australia. It offers universal and affordable services such as medical, pharmaceutical and hospital services. The Department of Health manages public health, primary healthcare, promotion of health, hospitals funding and health research. The government of Australia spent $22.03 billion on R&D in the medical and health science sector and exported $3.53 billion of pharmaceutical products in 2016. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
Australia Healthcare Market 12
2.1 Australia Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 Australia Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Australia Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 14
2.1.3 Australia Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Australia Market Size by Segment 16
2.1.5 Australia Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 17
2.1.6 Australia Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 18
2.1.7 Australia Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 20
2.1.8 Australia Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 21
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 23
3.1 Historic Market Growth 23
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 24
Health Insurance Reforms 24
Falling Oil Prices 24
Technology Development 24
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 24
Patent Expiration of Drugs 24
Low Healthcare Access 24
Government Regulations 24
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 25
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 26
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 27
Aging Populations 27
Increase In Healthcare Access 27
Economic Growth 27
Changes in Lifestyles 27
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 27
Rising Cost 27
Reduction In Free Trade 27
Self-Care Diagnostics 28
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 28
4. Porters Five Force Model 29
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 30
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 30
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 31
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 32
4.5 Industry Competition 32
5. PESTLE Analysis 34
5.1 Political 35
5.2 Economic 35
5.3 Social 36
5.4 Technological 37
5.5 Legal 39
5.6 Environmental 40
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 42
6.1. Global Segmentation 42
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 43
6.3. Segmentation by Country 44
6.4. Healthcare Services 45
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 45
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 46
Increase in Bundle Payments 46
Digital Tools Usage 46
More Power with Patients 46
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 47
6.5. Pharmaceutical 47
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 47
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 47
Turning Away From Animal Testing 48
Increase In Personalized Medicine 48
Collaboration Driving Innovation 48
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 48
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 48
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 49
6.6. Medical Equipment 49
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 49
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 49
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 49
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 50
Wearables and Mobile Applications 50
Shift to Service Contracts 50
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 51
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 51
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 52
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 54
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 55
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 57
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 57
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 58
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 59
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 59
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 60
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 61
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 61
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 63
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 64
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 66
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 67
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 68
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 68
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 69
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 71
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 72
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708