The healthcare industry can broadly be segmented into three categories– pharmaceuticals, medical equipment/devices and health care services and facilities. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Countries: China, India, and Japan
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 12
Asia Healthcare Market 14
2.1.1 Asia Healthcare Market Overview 14
2.1.2 Asia Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 17
2.1.3 Asia Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 18
2.1.4 Asia Market Size by Segment 19
2.1.5 Asia Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 20
2.1.6 Asia Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 21
2.2 Asia Healthcare Market: Country Analysis 23
2.3 China Healthcare Market 23
2.3.1 China Healthcare Market Overview 23
2.3.2 China Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 25
2.3.3 China Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 26
2.3.4 China Market Size by Segment 27
2.3.5 China Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 28
2.3.6 China Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 29
2.3.7 China Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 31
2.3.8 China Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 32
2.4 India Healthcare Market 33
2.4.1 India Healthcare Market Overview 33
2.4.2 India Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 36
2.4.3 India Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 37
2.4.4 India Market Size by Segment 38
2.4.5 India Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 39
2.4.6 India Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 40
2.4.7 India Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 42
2.4.8 India Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 43
2.5 Japan Healthcare Market 44
2.5.1 Japan Healthcare Market Overview 44
2.5.2 Japan Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 46
2.5.3 Japan Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 47
2.5.4 Japan Market Size by Segment 48
2.5.5 Japan Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 49
2.5.6 Japan Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 50
2.5.7 Japan Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 52
2.5.8 Japan Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 53
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 54
3.1 Historic Market Growth 54
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 55
Health Insurance Reforms 55
Falling Oil Prices 55
Technology Development 55
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 55
Patent Expiration of Drugs 55
Low Healthcare Access 55
Government Regulations 55
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 56
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 57
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 58
Aging Populations 58
Increase In Healthcare Access 58
Economic Growth 58
Changes in Lifestyles 58
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 58
Rising Cost 58
Reduction In Free Trade 58
Self-Care Diagnostics 59
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 59
4. Porters Five Force Model 60
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 61
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 61
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 62
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 63
4.5 Industry Competition 63
5. PESTLE Analysis 65
5.1 Political 66
5.2 Economic 67
5.3 Social 68
5.4 Technological 69
5.5 Legal 70
5.6 Environmental 71
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 73
6.1. Global Segmentation 73
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 74
6.3. Segmentation by Country 75
6.4. Healthcare Services 76
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 76
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 77
Increase in Bundle Payments 77
Digital Tools Usage 77
More Power with Patients 77
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 78
6.5. Pharmaceutical 78
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 78
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 78
Turning Away From Animal Testing 79
Increase In Personalized Medicine 79
Collaboration Driving Innovation 79
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 79
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 79
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 80
6.6. Medical Equipment 80
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 80
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 80
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 80
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 81
Wearables and Mobile Applications 81
Shift to Service Contracts 81
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 82
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 82
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 83
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 85
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 86
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 88
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 88
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 89
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 90
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 90
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 91
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 92
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 92
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 94
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 95
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 97
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 98
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 99
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 99
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 100
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 102
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 103
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708