Ascom, a Swiss firm, is releasing a new product designed to improve how clinicians record patient information into electronic medical records (EMR). The Digistat Vitals system relies on the dedicated Ascom Myco smartphone, or certain compatible Android phones, as the interface for data entry. A special app is used at the bedside to save vitals and other clinical data, which is automatically transferred to the in-clinic EMR without having to do any manual data management and avoiding transcription.
To speed up visits with patients, the app provides automatic clinical calculators and scoring templates that make it easy to capture the wanted data. Clinics can modify the various templates to meet each facility’s goals and requirements, and to match the types of patients that are seen to the type of data that has to be recorded.
Here are some of the features of Digistat Vitals:
- Export of vitals and scores to EMR via HL7 (optional for import of patient data from EMR)
- Pre-loaded with customizable templates for vital signs, medical scores, wound management (photos included)
- Vitals and/or scoring reminder interval. Worklist of patients (‘My patient’ function). Voice recorder for note taking
- Patient identification by: barcode scanning, Near-field Communication (NFC), identification from list
- Single sign-on for Ascom Unite, Ascom Digistat and Active Directory users
Product page: Digistat Vitals…