Healthcare spending in North America has been on the rise due to a range of initiatives taken by government in different parts of the region such as national level insurance coverage in the USA. Like the USA, Canada has been making investments in its public healthcare system to offer the citizens of Canada quality healthcare services. Brazil has one of the largest universal healthcare systems in the world. It is estimated that the public healthcare spending will outpace the tax funds for healthcare in Brazil.
The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons To Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Countries: Brazil and USA
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Market Characteristics 11
Americas Healthcare Market 13
2.1 Americas Healthcare Market 13
2.1.1 Americas Healthcare Market Overview 13
2.1.2 Americas Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 15
2.1.3 Americas Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 16
2.1.4 Americas Market Size by Segment 17
2.1.5 Americas Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 18
2.1.6 Americas Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 19
2.2 Americas Healthcare Market: Country Analysis 20
2.3 Brazil Healthcare Market 20
2.3.1 Brazil Healthcare Market Overview 20
2.3.2 Brazil Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 22
2.3.3 Brazil Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 24
2.3.4 Brazil Market Size by Segment 25
2.3.5 Brazil Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 26
2.3.6 Brazil Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 27
2.3.7 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 30
2.3.8 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 31
2.4 USA Healthcare Market 31
2.4.1 USA Healthcare Market Overview 31
2.4.2 USA Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 35
2.4.3 USA Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 36
2.4.4 USA Market Size by Segment 37
2.4.5 USA Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 38
2.4.6 USA Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 39
2.4.7 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 41
2.4.8 USA Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 42
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 44
3.1 Historic Market Growth 44
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 45
Health Insurance Reforms 45
Falling Oil Prices 45
Technology Development 45
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 45
Patent Expiration of Drugs 45
Low Healthcare Access 45
Government Regulations 45
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 46
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 47
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 48
Aging Populations 48
Increase In Healthcare Access 48
Economic Growth 48
Changes in Lifestyles 48
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 48
Rising Cost 48
Reduction In Free Trade 48
Self-Care Diagnostics 49
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 49
4. Porters Five Force Model 50
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 51
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 51
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 52
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 53
4.5 Industry Competition 53
5. PESTLE Analysis 55
5.1 Political 56
5.2 Economic 56
5.3 Social 57
5.4 Technological 58
5.5 Legal 60
5.6 Environmental 61
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 62
6.1. Global Segmentation 62
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 63
6.3. Segmentation by Country 64
6.4. Healthcare Services 65
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 65
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 66
Increase in Bundle Payments 66
Digital Tools Usage 66
More Power with Patients 66
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 67
6.5. Pharmaceutical 67
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 67
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 67
Turning Away From Animal Testing 68
Increase In Personalized Medicine 68
Collaboration Driving Innovation 68
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 68
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 68
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 69
6.6. Medical Equipment 69
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 69
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 69
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 69
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 70
Wearables and Mobile Applications 70
Shift to Service Contracts 70
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 71
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 71
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 72
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 74
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 75
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 77
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 77
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 78
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 79
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 79
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 80
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 81
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 81
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 83
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 84
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 86
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 87
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 88
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 88
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 89
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 91
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 92
The Business Research Company
47 Anchorage Point,
42 Cuba Street, Canary Wharf,
+44 207 1930 708