The rise in closed breast pumps market can be attributed to lower risk of contamination, and ease in cleaning process‐. ‐Market players have successfully developed breast pumps with different functionalities such as pumping and bluetooth facilities, thus making it proficient for the lactating mothers. Furthermore, closed breast pumps can be reused, without being harmful, thus increasing the convenience and safety offered by these pumps, which is anticipated to create huge opportunities for their growth.
Breast Pumps Market report, published by Allied Market Research, forecasts that the global market is Projected to reach $829 million by 2022 from $540 million in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 6.6% during 2016-2022. In terms of value, the battery powered breast pumps segment accounted for over two-thirds share globally, in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. In terms of volume, manual breast pumps segment accounted for one-fourth share in 2015.
Breast Pumps Market Key Findings:
- Closed system breast pumps is projected to be the fastest growing segment in terms of both value and volume, growing at a CAGR of over 6.5% and 7% respectively during the analysis period.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing regional market in breast pumps market, growing at a CAGR of 9.7%, in terms of value, from 2016 to 2022.
- In 2015, North America accounted for around three-fifths share of the world breast pumps market in terms of value.
- Hospital grade breast pumps would be the highest revenue generating segment followed by personal use breast pump during 2016-2022.
- In 2015, battery powered breast pumps was the leading segment and is projected to grow faster than global breast pump market at CAGR of over 6.4%, in terms of value.
- Mexico is projected to be the fastest growing market in the North American region,
- China and Japan are the leading country markets for breast pumps in the Asia-Pacific region.