This report provides an overview of the transplantation pipeline landscape, specifically covering drugs used to prevent and treat organ rejection and graft-versus-host disease. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), and the rejection of bone, liver, kidney, lung and heart transplants.
Transplant rejection is a complication that can occur after the replacement of a defective host organ with a foreign donor organ. General risks associated with transplantation are bleeding, infection, clots, and cardiovascular disorders. Additionally, following a transplant, the immune system may consider the transplanted heart as foreign and mount a response against it, especially if the antigens expressed by the tissues in each do not match. Generally, immunosuppressive drugs are administered simultaneously with the transplant in order to minimize this risk. These immunosuppressive drugs prevent the body from either identifying or attacking the foreign organ via various immune responses thus blocking organ rejection and facilitating a successful transplant.
The size of these pipelines ranges from seven products in heart transplantation to 121 in bone marrow transplantation. A wide range of targets, including integrins, chemokine receptors, protein kinases and cadherins are being developed, with no particular class of target predominating in terms of pipeline volume within each indication. However, there is a clear trend towards immune system molecular targets being studied, reflecting the underlying immune-based pathophysiology of these indications.
– Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for transplantation therapeutics?
– Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
– To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
– What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of transplantation therapeutics?
Reasons to buy
– Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
– Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
– Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
– Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Table of Content: Key Points
Executive Summary 3
Table of Contents 4
List of Tables 6
List of Figures 12
Transplantation Report Coverage 14
Bone Marrow Transplant Rejection – Overview 14
Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) – Overview 14
Liver Transplant Rejection – Overview 14
Kidney Transplant Rejection – Overview 14
Lung Transplant Rejection – Overview 14
Heart Transplant Rejection – Overview 15
Therapeutics Development 16
Bone Marrow Transplant Rejection 16
Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) 27
Liver Transplant Rejection 38
Kidney Transplant Rejection 42
Lung Transplant Rejection 48
Heart Transplant Rejection 51
Therapeutics Assessment 52
Bone Marrow Transplant Rejection 52
Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) 62
Liver Transplant Rejection 72
Kidney Transplant Rejection 80
Lung Transplant Rejection 88
Heart Transplant Rejection 96
Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development 104
Bone Marrow Transplant Rejection 104
Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) 139
Liver Transplant Rejection 170
Kidney Transplant Rejection 173
Lung Transplant Rejection 185
Heart Transplant Rejection 187
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
For accessing accurate and deep understanding and to gain latest insights and key developments in the area of your interest, we also have a list of conferences in which you will be interested in, for more information, cordially check:
For updating knowledge or for thoroughly understanding various terminologies, we also have vast list of seminars for your reference, for more information cordially check: