This report provides an overview of the Pain Pipeline Landscape. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for Osteoarthritis Pain, Migraine pain and Neuropathic Pain, therefore covering a number of the most difficult-to-treat chronic and acute pain subtypes.
Osteoarthritis pain is the most common symptom associated with osteoarthritis which causes disruption of the cartilage. This further leads to rubbing of the bones against each other stimulating pain. Migraine is a disorder characterized by repeated attacks of severe headache. A migraine headache causes throbbing or pulsating pain, usually on only one side of the head. These headaches are often associated with nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Finally neuropathic pain, or neuralgia, is a condition in which the sensory system is affected. It is commonly accompanied by tissue injury, in which the nerve fibres could be damaged resulting in the generation of abnormal signals. However, it is exhibited in a range of diseases and has no specific identifiable cause.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @
The size of these pipelines ranges from 62 products in osteoarthritis pain to 249 in neuropathic pain. Within osteoarthritis pain, prostaglandin G/H synthases 1 and 2 and the nerve growth factor receptors are being studied by the most pipeline products; while the prostaglandin receptors are frequently targeted by already approved marketed products, the nerve growth factor receptors are not.
In migraine, it is the 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptors 1D and 1B which are being most frequently studied, again reflecting the composition of the market for this indication. However, the calcitonin gene related peptide and its receptor, also very frequently targeted, are not yet present in the migraine market. Finally, the favoured targets of neuropathic pain are the sodium channel protein type 9 (Nav1.9) and the mu type opioid receptor. While the latter is already heavily targeted in the pain market, the former is not.
Request A Sample copy of This Report @
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for pain therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of pain therapeutics?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Browse More Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Related Market Research Reports:
• Skeletal Disease Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017 –
• Transplantation Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017 –
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe.We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Felton Office Plaza,
6265 Highway 9,
Felton, California, 95018,
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Visit our Blog: http://hexareports.blogspot.com/