Global High Resolution Melting (HRM) market is expected to reach USD 131.7 billion by 2022 according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc.
Increasing incidences of cancer, sickle cell anemia, HIV and other STDs are expected to positively reinforce demand for smart and simple molecular diagnostics. According to the Genetic and Rare Diseases Center (GARD) in 2014, 10% of the U.S. population that is nearly 30 million people were suffering from genetic disorders. Some key disease statistics are reported below:
- As per the estimates provided by CDC, number of acute cases of hepatitis C reported in the United States increased from 1,778 to 2,138 from 2012 to2013
- According to the UNAIDS report, out of the 36.9 million people that are suffering with HIV/AIDS, 17.1 million are unaware about disease occurrence due to unavailability of testing services
- As per the WHO estimates in 2015, there are over 130-150 million people suffering with HCV globally
Based on analyzing the disease trends and relatively lower treatment rates suggests that the demand for gene mutation and other genomic tests are expected to increase significantly over the next few years. Recent developments in the field of QPCR, next generation sequencing, genomics and big data analytics have been instrumental in strengthening the precision medicine approach. The U.S. FDA has already approved some of the treatments which are designed to meet the requirements of a specific genetic makeup or the genomic profile of the patient’s tumor.
For instance, the U.S FDA has approved a new treatment for cystic fibrosis (CF) in January, 2012. The drug kalydeco was approved for patients reported to have a specific genetic mutation known as “G551D mutation. The number of mutations which can lead to CF is in hundreds, and the G551D mutation is responsible for nearly 4% of the cases in the U.S.
Furthermore, in 2015, the Obama administration has announced the Precision Medicine Initiative with an investment of USD 216 million in the 2016 president’s budget. This initiative is expected to positively reinforce the HRM analysis market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on global high resolution melting analysis market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/high-resolution-melting-analysis-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2014, North America dominated the overall HRM analysis market with a share of nearly 42%. Key factors attributed are high disease prevalence rates, presence of large number of academic universities; strong pharmaceutical and biotech industry, presence of large number genetic testing centers, and rapid adoption of novel technologies for improving the healthcare outcomes.
- Asia pacific is identified as the fastest growing region over the forecast period. Key reasons attributed are increasing public and private expenditure on molecular diagnostics and genetic testing, increasing prevalence of genetic disorders, and increasing burden of chronic diseases such as cancer, COPD, HIV and others.
- Key market players in the High Resolution Melting analysis market include, Roche Molecular Systems, Idaho Technology Corporation, Kapa Biosystems, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Premier Biosoft and Qiagen. Furthermore, Roche Molecular Systems leads the industry with the highest R&D expenditure and commands a significant market share.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the High Resolution Melting analysis market on the basis of product, end-use, application, and region:
High Resolution Melting Analysis Market Product Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
High Resolution Melting Analysis Market End-Use Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- Academic Researcher
- Clinical Diagnostics
High Resolution Melting Analysis Market Application Outlook by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- Detection of Acquired Mutations/Mutation Scanning/SNP Typing
- Microbial Species Identification
- Zygosity testing
- Epigenetics/ Methylation Profiling and drug-resistant
High Resolution Melting Analysis Market Regional Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- North America Product Outlook by Revenue (USD Million), 2012 – 2022
- Europe Product Outlook by Revenue (USD Million), 2012 – 2022
- Asia Pacific Product Outlook by Revenue (USD Million), 2012 – 2022
- Latin America Product Outlook by Revenue (USD Million), 2012 – 2022
- MEA Product Outlook by Revenue (USD Million), 2012 – 2022
- South Africa
Access press release of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-high-resolution-melting-analysis-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs – grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519